Sign in to follow this  
Nduru

Vsync working in windowed mode but there is still a slight problem

i have vsync on windowed mode with the referesh rate 1/2 in nvidia inspector and locked at 30fps in the sim but everytime my frames go to 29fps the screen tearing is still there, it also happens when i look outside of the aircraft while flying and when i am at default airports.

I have no idea what the problem is but it could be because of bufferpools but not to sure. Under bufferpools i have BP=0.

Specs, i7 4790k @ 4.0ghz, msi gtx 750ti 2gb, 8 gb ram

i have vsync on windowed mode with the referesh rate 1/2 in nvidia inspector and locked at 30fps in the sim but everytime my frames go to 29fps the screen tearing is still there, it also happens when i look outside of the aircraft while flying and when i am at default airports.

I have no idea what the problem is but it could be because of bufferpools but not to sure. Under bufferpools i have BP=0.

Specs, i7 4790k @ 4.0ghz, msi gtx 750ti 2gb, 8 gb ram

Try ForceWindowedVsync=1 in [Graphics] section of your fsx.cfg file.

Bob

This is an automatic message.

This topic has been moved from "MS FSX Forum" to "Monitors, Video Cards and Drivers". This move has been done for a number of possible reasons.

• The most likely reason is that the post was off topic.
  • The topic could also have contained images or a video that were not appropriate to the original forum it was posted in.
  • The images might not have been "illustrative" or "explanatory" in nature.
  • The topic could have been moved because we deemed it to be more appropriately placed elsewhere.
Please ensure that your posts are "on topic" and contain illustrative images or videos as appropriate. Do not post videos or images just for entertainment purposes anywhere but in the screen shot or video forums. See our image posting rules here.

Members who continue to post off topic posts can be denied entry to specific forums in order to reduce and remove the practice. Your cooperation is appreciated.

Try ForceWindowedVsync=1 in [Graphics] section of your fsx.cfg file.

Bob

I see you have started another thread in the main fsx forum, admin moved your post to this forum.

The tweak should work if you have enabled Areo as Word Not Allowed' guide. ( there is a program on the web that modifies the fsx start up and re enables Areo.) So you could try that.

You mentioned you have BP=0 , what are your Bufferpools settings,

Your full screen should be working as the 1/2 vsync in being controlled by nvidia inspector

I see you have started another thread in the main fsx forum, admin moved your post to this forum.

The tweak should work if you have enabled Areo as Word Not Allowed' guide. ( there is a program on the web that modifies the fsx start up and re enables Areo.) So you could try that.

You mentioned you have BP=0 , what are your Bufferpools settings,

Your full screen should be working as the 1/2 vsync in being controlled by nvidia inspector

If you don't mind me asking what does Areo do for fsx ?

Mr Leny

CPU I7 8700K @ 5.0GHz , MOBO -Asus Maximus X Hero (WiFi AC),GPU - GTX1080 TI , RAM - CORSAIR Vengeance RGB 16GB DDR4 3600MHz
SSD -Crucial MX500 1TB (P3D Install Only)
OS- Samsung 960 EVO 500GB (Window 10 Pro 64)

If you don't mind me asking what does Areo do for fsx ?

I don't think it brings any of the tricks of turning your w7 basic desktop into an all singing and dancing aero desktop. ( tool tips, glass type textures, fading, tool tips, edging and so on)

Its been established that when FSX loads it disables Aero causing problems with tearing and reduced frame rates when using' Windowed ' mode, and as many use and prefer this mode the solution has been found to re-enable Aero at fsx startup.