Sign in to follow this  
tonymerry

Brakes stick on only cleared by cycling Auto brake

I am using Saitek Combat pedals, I have the brakes set with  about one third Sensitivity & a small Null zone.  If the brakes are used whilst taxiing they seem to stick half on i.e.the aircraft will still move, but with a lot of throttle. To clear this requires cycling the auto brake on & off. I have tried varying the settings but with no improvement. There seems to be some link between the brakes & the auto brake which should not be there with the auto brakes set to off. If anyone can suggest a cure I shall be most grateful as this is an annoying fault & seems to apply to both the 737 & the 777.   TonyM

You should have 0 for nullzone, its not like a joystick axis where you need nullzone to compensate for the slop around the center. Also i have the same pedals, do you have inverted axis on the toe brakes?

Hi Slayer

Tried it with no null zone, but don't have inverted axis only in DCS. Where in fsx do you invert the axis, I can't see an option.  Regards Tony

Its in the spot where you assigned the axis on the right side. Maybe go through all your axis assignments for each controller and make sure theres no duplicates. There always seems to be. Don't try to change settings for more than 1 controller at a time or it will not stay

Tried all the suggestions without success! Brakes still stick on, requiring cycling the auto brakes on & off to clear. Any more ideas much appreciated. Tony Merry

Hi Slayer

I think youv'e found the problem. Not the chocks, but the brake sensitivity. I had it set about half way, as I was afraid the brakes would be over sensitive. Now set to full & the problem seems to have gone. Thanks for your persistence in assisting. Much obliged. Regards Tony & Happy Xmas