Sign in to follow this  
Capt. PERO

SIMstarter Version 2.5 released!

After several days of developing I would like to proudly present Version 2.5.

Main changes:

• The new StartManager makes it possible to create so-called RunSets which can assign to multiple SIMstarter profiles. You can define programs task-priority and the window mode. In addition its possible to modify existing RunSets which makes handling much easier

• JumpStart has the feature to select your starting position prior starting the simulator (looks pretty the same that in-game). For users who like JumpStart more than the normal view its possible to define "Jumpstart" as new starting screen

• FTX Global Regions can be switched before starting a profile (just set the path of your FTX Global and tick "FTX Central Reminder" in program settings)

• User manual is available in french. Thanks to Laurent who did that awesome work!

Several bugfixes has been done as well... ;O)

Please find download on my website! ;O)

>>> DOWNLOAD <<<

: : : aviation.pero-online.de
Developer of SIMstarter NG P3D & Homecockpit Builder

Great news! If I wasn't away on business travel I'd give it a try... Will definitely add to my list of to-dos when I get back home.

Philip Manhart  :American Flag:

13.jpg

- "Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something." ~ Plato

Great news! If I wasn't away on business travel I'd give it a try... Will definitely add to my list of to-dos when I get back home.

For sure - I am happy for your feedback! 

Have a save trip.

Thanks Pero, the Global central switch is a very nice addition

ZORAN

Thanks Pero, the Global central switch is a very nice addition

Thank you.

Yes indeed. I am using EU Scotland, England and FTX Global. The FTX Switch was the best solution in comparision to keep SIMstarter updated in case of changes at FTX Central. No re-engineering needed and SIMstarter should be compatible with all changes regarding FTX Scenaries. ;O)

I get "file not found" when I try to download. Does this version take the new steam version into consideration? I just moved everything to the steam version.... Thanks!

I get "file not found" when I try to download. Does this version take the new steam version into consideration? I just moved everything to the steam version.... Thanks!

Thanks a lot! I had a permission problem after updating the website platform.

Sorry, I did not tested the Steam version until yet. Maybe you can? ;O)

It works like a champ with FSX:SE even running fsx.exe instead of the steam url.

Now, I did remove the boxed version from my pc and am only running steam version which installs in c:\steam\steamapps\common\FSX but uses the same ancillary directories and same registry keys. Not sure how a dual install will work (or not).

Thanks for a great app!

This is fantastic but I cannot use it with my FSX Steam Edition (I have FSX normal installed as well).

In program settings the Path to fsx.cfg causes a "Cannot save Configuration" error as SE uses fsx_se.cfg instead of fsx_cfg

C:\Users\my_username\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX-SE\fsx_se.CFG

Regards Kym

This is fantastic but I cannot use it with my FSX Steam Edition (I have FSX normal installed as well).

In program settings the Path to fsx.cfg causes a "Cannot save Configuration" error as SE uses fsx_se.cfg instead of fsx_cfg

C:\Users\my_username\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX-SE\fsx_se.CFG

Regards Kym

Hi Kym,

at this point SIMstarter is not compatible to FSX Steam Edition.

I am not sure if it will be compatible in future...

I am sorry...

Hi Kym,

at this point SIMstarter is not compatible to FSX Steam Edition.

I am not sure if it will be compatible in future...

I am sorry...

Thanks for your reply Pero.

I'll keep my fingers crossed.

FSX-SE is lookiing pretty good.

It doesn't matter how much scenery I have and how many mega airports and heavey airliners, there's just no OOM errors even with all settings maxed out whereas FSX dies in an instant with settings about halfway and even Prepar3D spits the dummy despite giving it the best machine I can afford.

FSX-SE has given me a lot of hope with FINALLY, hassle free and stable flying without unloading anything or running with sliders a half mast.

Like I say, I'll keep my fingers crossed as I like the flexibility offered by SIMstarter and have been enjoying watching it grow :-)

I'll keep it for P3D which I won't dump just yet.

Keep up the good work.

Regards Kym

Thanks for your reply Pero.

I'll keep my fingers crossed.

FSX-SE is lookiing pretty good.

It doesn't matter how much scenery I have and how many mega airports and heavey airliners, there's just no OOM errors even with all settings maxed out whereas FSX dies in an instant with settings about halfway and even Prepar3D spits the dummy despite giving it the best machine I can afford.

FSX-SE has given me a lot of hope with FINALLY, hassle free and stable flying without unloading anything or running with sliders a half mast.

Like I say, I'll keep my fingers crossed as I like the flexibility offered by SIMstarter and have been enjoying watching it grow :-)

I'll keep it for P3D which I won't dump just yet.

Keep up the good work.

Regards Kym

Hi Kym,

yes. Keep fingers crossed. If once FSX-SE becomes more important for the whole community (and my use *lol*) I will have a look on it.

Hi Kym,

yes. Keep fingers crossed. If once FSX-SE becomes more important for the whole community (and my use *lol*) I will have a look on it.

Hi Capt.Pero,

Come on now, of course it should be important for your own use :-)

Here's the challenge:-

1. Buy it.

2. Install it.

3. Max out all the settings.

4. Fly from your second largest airport accross detailed scenery to your largest airport and thrash the hell out of it.

5. See it you can get an OOM error or CTD as you will on any machine with FSX or Prepare3D.

You know you can't even take off from some major airports with FSX or P3D with everything maxed out, leave alone see rediculous amounts of remaining VAS and usable frame rates.

I'm sure like me, you'll wish Dovetail Games got behind FSX years ago :-)

Best Regards - Kym