Sign in to follow this  
Capt. PERO

SIMstarter Version 2.5 released!

Hi Pero

Congratulations for your great SimStarter! A really very helpul tool for FSX, which I recently started to get to know.

My current SimStarter version (2.3.02) keeps reminding me to update to the latest version. But checking your website mentiones that updating requires at least version 2.4.01. How should I proceed to keep my settings and profiles? Remove the current version and install the new one or is there a link to version 2.4.01?

Thanks for your help!

Felix

Hi Pero

Congratulations for your great SimStarter! A really very helpul tool for FSX, which I recently started to get to know.

My current SimStarter version (2.3.02) keeps reminding me to update to the latest version. But checking your website mentiones that updating requires at least version 2.4.01. How should I proceed to keep my settings and profiles? Remove the current version and install the new one or is there a link to version 2.4.01?

Thanks for your help!

Hi Felix,

the latest Version is 2.5 build 03 and can be downloaded here:

http://aviation.pero-online.de/wordpress/?page_id=105

Please download the Setup-File and install the new version on top of the old one.

All settings will be kept.

: : : aviation.pero-online.de
Developer of SIMstarter NG P3D & Homecockpit Builder

Hi Felix,

the latest Version is 2.5 build 03 and can be downloaded here:

http://aviation.pero-online.de/wordpress/?page_id=105

Please download the Setup-File and install the new version on top of the old one. All settings will be kept.

Thanks a lot, Pero! Will do it accordingly. I am still discovering this great piece of software!

Felix

I might be missing something here (Senior Moment) but what does this program do to make my FSX better? 

Apart from giving easy access to parts of the FSX.cfg file?

Dave Taylor gb.png

Woweeee. My fps has doubled!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dave Taylor gb.png

I just downloaded the latest version and am still trying to understand how to make a profile from an existing saved flight.  Not having much luck but I did discover something very important to me.  That was when saving the fsx.cfg to the main profile while trying to understand the program, I found that all my scenery all suddenly started looking sharper even using photoscenery from Megascenery.  I checked the status of the fsx.cfg for changes and noticed that all of the "trusted files" were moved to the bottom of the page with the only thing below it was the Multiplayer text.  If this is the only thing that was changed then that is a revolution for all of those complaining about blurry scenery.  I just wish there was a YouTube video that shows the step by step method of setting up a profile from an existing flight.  Maybe someone will get around to it to help this old guy understand better.  Thanks for the program I can see its potential but just the fact that my blurry scenery is now fixed would be enough for me right now.  Norm

I just downloaded the latest version and am still trying to understand how to make a profile from an existing saved flight.  Not having much luck but I did discover something very important to me.  That was when saving the fsx.cfg to the main profile while trying to understand the program, I found that all my scenery all suddenly started looking sharper even using photoscenery from Megascenery.  I checked the status of the fsx.cfg for changes and noticed that all of the "trusted files" were moved to the bottom of the page with the only thing below it was the Multiplayer text.  If this is the only thing that was changed then that is a revolution for all of those complaining about blurry scenery.  I just wish there was a YouTube video that shows the step by step method of setting up a profile from an existing flight.  Maybe someone will get around to it to help this old guy understand better.  Thanks for the program I can see its potential but just the fact that my blurry scenery is now fixed would be enough for me right now.  Norm

Thank you for testing SIMstarter.

I would like to make clear, that SIMstarter is not a "booster-performance-no-blurry-magic" tool. SIMstarter is a tool to handle different configurations in case of fsx.cfg, scenery.cfg, EXE.XML, DLL.XML and "some" intelligent features to help you handeling your simulator.

Therefore SIMstarter will help you to figure out, which settings are important (change log included) to get rid of your blurries, but it is a "normal" configuration testing procedure. You could say, its an powerful configuration editor.

I hope it helped to understand the benefits of SIMstarter. ;O)

pero, I am sure that it is just a side effect on my system but I am still pleased from the effect it has on my sim.  Maybe just manually moving the "trusted files" to the bottom of the fsx.cfg would have worked just the same but whatever caused it I am pleased.  Now for that video on how to configure the simstarter program would be a great help for those of us with over 20 years flying FSX from BAO days onward would benefit from the tutorial.  I am getting easily confused lately since I passed the 75 year mark.  Thanks again for building such a in depth program as I am sure once I master its functions will be of great use.  fisheye

"[...] Now for that video on how to configure the simstarter program would be a great help for those of us with over 20 years flying FSX [...]"

You are right. I have started creating a quick guide video some month ago. I will overthink this. At these days I am working on the documentation and releasing v2.6 of SIMstarter. ;O)

paro;  I have been working on this program for the last two hours without success in creating a Profile 2 "low and slow" with a saved flight.  I checked my fsx.cfg after the last of many attempts and found two entries for the "situation" heading. Did I do something wrong?

[userinterface]

displayfuelasweight =0

map_orientation =2

openatconcreate =0

pause_on_lost_focus =1

prompt_on_exit =0

pageid =1

show_mission_captions =1

situation =C:\Users\Norm\Documents\Flight Simulator X Files\Aspen Super Cub Parked

selectaircraftmanufacturer =All

selectaircraftpublisher =All

selectaircrafttype =All

showallacpaintschemes =1

SITUATION=C:\Users\Norm\Documents\Flight Simulator X Files\KMYF TBM 850 to KPSP.flt

I manually commented out the original "situation=" as simstarter added the bottom entry and am going to see if it will now go to the flight correctly. fisheye

paro;  No joy,  when I went to the fsx.cfg in FSX and commented out the original "situation" entry and then tried to start it from the simstarter profile 2 interface it removed the // and didn't start the saved Profile 2 settings.  I am really confused about now.  fisheye

pero;  Here is my latest log book on changes that I have been trying to make that don't seem to translate into FSX. 

I keep getting a pop up message that there is an error setting Buffer pools=1 and it has to be done again when opening simstarter.

I also keep trying to get the default flight to change but it only adds an additional line into the fsx.cfg as mentioned above. 

Can you tell what I am doing wrong?

U s e r L o g b o o k

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

=========================================== NEW USER CHANGE at 2/26/2015 4:16:38 PM

---- fsx.cfg

<SET> profile02 [bufferpools] UsePools=1 <previous> UsePools=1

<SET> profile02 [PANELS] QUICKTIPS=1

<SET> profile02 [sCENERY] IMAGE_Complexity=2 <previous> IMAGE_Complexity=1

<SET> profile02 [Weather] Cloud_Draw_Distance=8 <previous> Cloud_Draw_Distance=9

<SET> profile02 [Weather] Detailed_Clouds=1

<SET> profile02 [Weather] Cloud_Coverage_Density=9 <previous> Cloud_Coverage_Density=10

<SET> profile02 [Weather] DynamicWeather=1

<SET> profile02 [Weather] TurbulenceScale=1.000000 <previous> TurbulenceScale=0.900000

<SET> profile02 [AContain] ShowLabels=1

<SET> profile02 [AContain] ShowLabelModel=1

<SET> profile02 [AContain] ShowLabelDistance=1

<SET> profile02 [AContain] ShowLabelAltitude=1

<SET> profile02 [AContain] ShowLabelAirline=1

<SET> profile02 [AContain] ShowLabelAirspeed=1

<SET> profile02 [AContain] ShowLabelHeading=1

<SET> profile02 [AContain] LabelColor=FF#400040

<SET> profile02 [AContain] LabelDelay=750 <previous> LabelDelay=1000

<SET> profile02 [TrafficManager] AirlineDensity=40 <previous> AirlineDensity=41

<SET> profile02 [TrafficManager] GADensity=40 <previous> GADensity=39

<SET> profile02 [TrafficManager] AIRPORT_SCENERY_DENSITY=3 <previous> AIRPORT_SCENERY_DENSITY=2

<SET> profile02 [TrafficManager] FreewayDensity=25 <previous> FreewayDensity=24

<SET> profile02 [TrafficManager] ShipsAndFerriesDensity=25 <previous> ShipsAndFerriesDensity=24

<SET> profile02 [TrafficManager] LeisureBoatsDensity=25 <previous> LeisureBoatsDensity=26

<SET> profile02 [REALISM] General=0.500000 <previous> General=0.400000

<SET> profile02 [REALISM] PFactor=0.100000

<SET> profile02 [REALISM] Torque=0.100000

<SET> profile02 [REALISM] CrashTolerance=0.000000 <previous> CrashTolerance=0.010000

<SET> profile02 [REALISM] ManualLights=True

<SET> profile02 [REALISM] TrueAirspeed=True <previous> TrueAirspeed=False

<SET> profile02 [REALISM] RealMixture=True

<SET> profile02 [startup] SHOW_OPENING_SCREEN=1

<SET> profile02 [ATC] UsePilotVoice=1

<SET> profile02 [ATC] PilotVoice=524288 <previous> PilotVoice=458752

<SET> profile02 [PointOfInterestSystem] SHOW_MISSION_CAPTIONS=1

<SET> profile02 [REALISM] CycleSetting=0 <previous> CycleSetting=1

<SET> profile02 [iNTERNATIONAL] MEASURE=0 <previous> MEASURE=1

<SET> profile02 [iNTERNATIONAL] ASLAT=3 <previous> ASLAT=2

<SET> profile02 [iNTERNATIONAL] ASLON=1 <previous> ASLON=0

<SET> profile02 [Controls] stick_sensitivity_mode=1

<SET> profile02 [sCENERY] DAWN_DUSK_SMOOTHING=1

<SET> profile02 [JOBSCHEDULER] AffinityMask=14 <previous> AffinityMask=15

<SET> profile02 [scenery] SmallPartRejectRadius=1 <previous> SmallPartRejectRadius=2

=========================================== END USER CHANGE at 2/26/2015 6:51:58 PM

=========================================== NEW USER CHANGE at 2/26/2015 6:52:07 PM

---- fsx.cfg

=========================================== END USER CHANGE at 2/26/2015 6:52:44 PM

=========================================== NEW USER CHANGE at 2/26/2015 6:53:08 PM

---- fsx.cfg

=========================================== END USER CHANGE at 2/26/2015 6:53:30 PM

=========================================== NEW USER CHANGE at 2/26/2015 8:57:31 PM

---- fsx.cfg

=========================================== END USER CHANGE at 2/26/2015 9:09:56 PM

=========================================== NEW USER CHANGE at 2/26/2015 9:10:15 PM

---- fsx.cfg

=========================================== END USER CHANGE at 2/26/2015 9:11:21 PM

=========================================== NEW USER CHANGE at 2/26/2015 9:11:26 PM

---- fsx.cfg

=========================================== END USER CHANGE at 2/26/2015 9:12:21 PM

=========================================== NEW USER CHANGE at 2/26/2015 9:12:35 PM

---- User logbook

Trying to setup profile to auto start FSX into saved flight...

---- fsx.cfg

<SET> profile02 [DynamicHeadMovement] LonAccelOnHeadLon=-0.02 <previous> LonAccelOnHeadLon=1

<SET> profile02 [DynamicHeadMovement] LonAccelOnHeadPitch=-0.01

<SET> profile02 [DynamicHeadMovement] RollAccelOnHeadLat=0.01

<SET> profile02 [DynamicHeadMovement] YawAccelOnHeadLat=-0.1

<SET> profile02 [DynamicHeadMovement] RollAccelOnHeadRoll=0.1

<SET> profile02 [DynamicHeadMovement] MaxHeadAngle=5.0

<SET> profile02 [DynamicHeadMovement] MaxHeadOffset=0.3

<SET> profile02 [DynamicHeadMovement] HeadMoveTimeConstant=1.0

<SET> profile02 [uSERINTERFACE] SITUATION=C:\Users\Norm\Documents\Flight Simulator X Files\KMYF TBM 850 to KPSP.flt

=========================================== END USER CHANGE at 2/26/2015 9:43:59 PM

=========================================== NEW USER CHANGE at 2/26/2015 9:44:06 PM

---- fsx.cfg

<SET> profile02 [uSERINTERFACE] SITUATION=C:\Users\Norm\Documents\Flight Simulator X Files\KMYF TBM 850 to KPSP.flt <previous> SITUATION=C:\Users\Norm\Documents\Flight Simulator X Files\KMYF TBM 850 to KPSP.flt

=========================================== END USER CHANGE at 2/26/2015 10:08:23 PM

=========================================== NEW USER CHANGE at 2/26/2015 10:08:26 PM

---- User logbook

Trying to get saved flight to work

---- fsx.cfg

<SET> profile02 [uSERINTERFACE] SITUATION=C:\Users\Norm\Documents\Flight Simulator X Files\KMYF TBM 850 to KPSP.flt <previous> SITUATION=

=========================================== END USER CHANGE at 2/26/2015 10:14:46 PM

=========================================== NEW USER CHANGE at 2/26/2015 10:17:05 PM

---- fsx.cfg

=========================================== END USER CHANGE at 2/26/2015 10:21:09 PM

=========================================== NEW USER CHANGE at 2/26/2015 10:53:23 PM

---- User logbook

Changed variable in userinterface

---- fsx.cfg

<SET> profile02 [userinterface] SITUATION=C:\Users\Norm\Documents\Flight Simulator X Files\KMYF TBM 850 to KPSP.flt <previous> SITUATION=C:\Users\Norm\Documents\Flight Simulator X Files\KMYF TBM 850 to KPSP.flt

=========================================== END USER CHANGE at 2/26/2015 10:57:41 PM

=========================================== NEW USER CHANGE at 2/27/2015 7:40:13 AM

---- User logbook

removed default flight again

---- fsx.cfg

<SET> profile02 [userinterface] situation =C:\Users\Norm\Documents\Flight Simulator X Files\Aspen Super Cub Parked

<DEL> profile02 [userinterface] situation =C:\Users\Norm\Documents\Flight Simulator X Files\Aspen Super Cub Parked

<SET> profile02 [userinterface] SITUATION=C:\Users\Norm\Documents\Flight Simulator X Files\KMYF TBM 850 to KPSP.flt <previous> SITUATION=C:\Users\Norm\Documents\Flight Simulator X Files\KMYF TBM 850 to KPSP.flt

=========================================== END USER CHANGE at 2/27/2015 7:46:19 AM

I'll confirm what 'Fisheye' says and that it HAS increased my fps by 10=15 more than I was getting before and I am more than pleased with that.

I will of course promote this program to all my nay F.S friends. 

Dave Taylor gb.png

"[...] I am really confused about now.  fisheye [...]"

Sorry, you found another bug.

SIMstarter is deviding the variable=value. Your variable as a blanc " " in front of the variable. SIMstarter should "trim" this variable but this isn't implemented so far.

Will be bugfixed in the next version which will be out soon.

You could fix it if you delete your fsx.cfg and let FSX create a new one, manually replace " =" with "=" or just wait for the new version,

This is the main cause of your confusion. ;O)

Example:

situation =C:\Users\Norm\Documents\Flight Simulator X Files\Aspen Super Cub Parked
Should be

situation=C:\Users\Norm\Documents\Flight Simulator X Files\Aspen Super Cub Parked

I'll confirm what 'Fisheye' says and that it HAS increased my fps by 10=15 more than I was getting before and I am more than pleased with that.

I will of course promote this program to all my nay F.S friends.

I am happy if it raised your FPS. ;O)

I am not sure if I explained myself clearly on the flight creation problem. see posting 26 Feb.

My default flight was set at;  situation=C:\Users\Norm\Documents\Flight Simulator X Files\Aspen Super Cub Parked
The new flight for Profile 2 is set at; SITUATION=C:\Users\Norm\Documents\Flight Simulator X Files\KMYF TBM 850 to KPSP.flt,
should the prefix .flt be on this line?

These now both show up in the fsx.cfg and when starting the profile 2 it goes to the first one in the line which is the default flight
that was set before Simstarter.

Should it have also removed my default flight situation..

Also it keeps coming up with an error for my Bufferpools=1 setting asking to set it again at the same setting every time I change menu's.  See log entry's above.
fisheye

I am not sure if I explained myself clearly on the flight creation problem. see posting 26 Feb.

I think I got it. As I wrote the new version of SIMstarter will fix this issue.

YOu got to SITUATION= lines because SIMstarter did not found "SITUATION=" because of your blanc at "SITUATION =" therefore SIMstarter added an additional line which is a fault.

Please mail me your current FSX.CFG and I will correct it and send back to your hand.

You find my email adress in SIMstarter > About