Sign in to follow this  
Bob650

Minor GTN 750 Request

I don't know if anyone else would be interested in this, but would it be possible to put a click spot on the VC GTN750 so we can get it to pop up without using shift+number? Or is there already one I can't find?

Again, fantastic model. It's quite addictive!!!

-Bob

There is one on the lefts side bazel

That works for me once the gauge is popped up and I'm closing it back to the VC, but doesn't work to pop it up from the VC. Is mine not working? I've not had this issue in other models. It looks like Flysimware created their own bezel to match with the other avionics but no click spot on the bezel. Can anyone confirm this?

Bob

Yes it will Bob, you need to configure the gauge in the panel cfg. UNIT1.VC and the popup as UNIT1.POP as a 5th element. As far as bazels in vc goes, it has to be a model design but they still will popup.  Example is the GTN 750 in the Carenado PC12 replacing the 530 (Bazel stll remains the 530).:

(VC):  gauge03=F1GTN!GTN750,   527, -50 , 495,402,UNIT1.VC

(Popup):  gauge00=F1GTN!GTN750,  0,0,937,887,UNIT1.POP

Excellent, I'll give it a try, thanks. I do have the GTN in the PC12, I'll use that as a template.

-Bob

Maybe I've misunderstood something but the post above has not helped me. I do not get the GTN's invisible clickspot on it's bezel in the vc (not in the C441 anyway, dunno bout the 402). The pop-up GTN gauge has an invisible clickspot but not the vc panel mounted GTN. Maybe someone could clarify... I can't help but wonder why they didn't model it in...seems as though they didn't cut a hole for it...but I really don't know.

In any case, if anyone wants an invisible clickspot I used the one that's in the shift+1 window that pops up the gps and I placed it on the panel mounted GTN unit.

Just paste this into your panel.cfg after the gauge00 entry in the Vcockpit29 section:

gauge01=ControlPanel!clipboard GPS, 0,300,100,300

the clickspot can then be found along the left side of the GTN's display screen (not on the bezel itself).