Sign in to follow this  
PikalaxALT

Bundle update checker into main installer?

This has been bugging me since I first purchased the NGX edition software: in order to update any FS2Crew package, you have to redownload the full installer.  When purchased from the FS2Crew main shop, however, you only get a limited number of downloads (15 or so), so any time an update is released, that eats into the download counter.  What other developers have done is bundled an update checker into either the main installer or the main software, which would automatically query the server's version number and download the new installer if the server version is newer than the local version.  I would like to suggest that FS2Crew implement a similar feature.  That way, if you ever release more updates than the download limit allows, loyal customers won't be left in the dark.

When purchased from the FS2Crew main shop, however, you only get a limited number of downloads (15 or so), so any time an update is released, that eats into the download counter.  

True, but you get ample number of download attempts to cover any future updates.  

Why would you need to download the product 15 times?

Regardless, if you ever require a download reset, all you need to do is send us a Support Ticket and we can reset your download limit.

Takes 20 seconds.

Cheers,