Sign in to follow this  
SweJE

PC wont start up after installing new motherboard/cpu

Hello!

I recently got a new motherboard the GIGABYTE GA-F2A55M-DS2 and the AMD A6 6400K.
after i had switch from the old motherboard and the old cpu to the new motherboard/cpu and put everything were they should be my pc won't start up i got nothing...
i can se at the power suply a green light but when i am trying to start it up nothing happends
PLEASE HELP!!!!

Check to see if ram is in the right slots i think it should be 1 and 3.

That happend on my sons amd 

regards Ted Kiser

Check to see if ram is in the right slots i think it should be 1 and 3.

That happend on my sons amd 

regards Ted Kiser

Hi Ted 

i have 2 slots on my

if your computer will not POST (display the Bios screen) several things need to be checked.

Are ALL electrical connections tight and guarded, particularly the main motherboard and CPU connector?

Is the Ram correctly seated and guarded?  Is the Ram certified for use in your motherboard?

Is the Graphics Card seated in the correct slot and guarded?

Are you certain the CPU is installed correctly?  No bent pins?

Does the power supply unit (PSU) power a case fan/HDD directly? If not the PSU is probably faulty.

There is a very slight chance you fried your new motherboard with a static discharge.Im my younger days it happened me a few times :blush: until i i got an anti staic wrist band.This was well over fifteen years ago not sure if modern parts are better protected.

Stephen

Asus Z170 Deluxe, 32 GB DDR4 Dominator Platinum, i7 6700k mild overclock, GTX Titan ( Pascal ) Win10

if your computer will not POST (display the Bios screen) several things need to be checked.

Are ALL electrical connections tight and guarded, particularly the main motherboard and CPU connector?

Is the Ram correctly seated and guarded?  Is the Ram certified for use in your motherboard?

Is the Graphics Card seated in the correct slot and guarded?

Are you certain the CPU is installed correctly?  No bent pins?

Does the power supply unit (PSU) power a case fan/HDD directly? If not the PSU is probably faulty.

I am a not so good to connect everything but i think i have do it right i have checkt on videos etc 

Are you certain the MB supports the CPU?

Regards,

Dave Opper

HiFi Support Manager

Supportteam_BannerA.png

That motherboard has two power connectors. One 24 pin connector and one 8 pin connector. For the 8 pin connector, you may have to use two four pin connectors that come from the power supply. Make sure these are properly plugged in and seated.

yes i am

What about the case front power switch?

Is that connected to the correct pins on the MB?

gb.

YSSY. Win 10, 6700K@4.8, Corsair H115i Cooler, RTX 4070Ti, 32GB G.Skill Trident Z F4-3200, Samsung 960 EVO M.2 256GB, ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger, Corsair HX850i 850W, Thermaltake Core X31 Case, Samsung 4K 65" TV.