Sign in to follow this  
wyodeacon

Missing aircreation582sl

Ok, here's what I did:  I was cleaning up some aircraft I don't want and accidently deleted the default airplane.  I did this some time ago and since I had saved a default flight I didn't notice the problem until today.  I had installed an aircraft and tried to place a panel in it.  For some reason fsx didn't like this and it kept ----.  I deleted the aircraft and rebooted my computer but the problem was still there.  I decided I'd just delete my fsx.cfg and let it rebuild which was a great idea except that it now needs the default "kite" to work. (of course, I inadvertently cleaned my trash out so no old cfg file either.

Now when I try to load FSX it gives me an error message: "Aircraft initialization failure. Aircreation582sl red".  If I tell that box to close fsx loads to my home page where I get another error message: "SimObject display engine for fsx/P3D has stopped working".

I told the simobject display engine to run when fsx was loading and I don't know if this is a part of the missing aircraft or not.

Could someone tell me either where I could find one on the net (I found a repaint on FlightSim) or maybe send me the file?

Thanks.

(I know, I know!  This whole thing was pretty stupid but I did it and now I have the problem.)

oops, I meant to say FSX kept freezing.

Yup. A repair is indicated. Sending you the file would not be proper despite what anyone at the "other site" lead you to think would be okay here. Once you have things back in order it would be a very good idea to make a copy of your entire FSX folder so that next time you get overzealous with the delete key you can just grab what you need from that backup. No muss, no fuss.

No.

Intel 10700K @ 5.1Ghz, Asus Hero Maximus motherboard, Noctua NH-U12A cooler, Corsair Vengeance Pro 32GB 3200 MHz RAM, RTX 2060 Super GPU, Cooler Master HAF 932 Tower, Thermaltake 1000W Toughpower PSU, Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit, 100TB of disk storage. Klaatu barada nickto.

Ok thanks.  That's what I'll do then.  And I'll copy everything to a backup this time. :huh:

Yup. A repair is indicated. Sending you the file would not be proper despite what anyone at the "other site" lead you to think would be okay here. Once you have things back in order it would be a very good idea to make a copy of your entire FSX folder so that next time you get overzealous with the delete key you can just grab what you need from that backup. No muss, no fuss.

In the Thread "Damaged Texture File" a few days ago in Post# 8 a File for FSX was put into a file-sharing

dropbox for the use of another member.  No mention of "not allowed" on that one.  I've seen others in the past.

Should that have been reported if the Mods missed it?  Is there a general list of what can or can't be shared?

Whole aircraft folders, whole scenery folders-NO,  but files within the folders like aircraft models, .air files are OK?

I am speaking of Default FSX not any 3rd party.

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

If you are a legal beagle then no file should ever be shared, not even a .cfg file.

If you use common sense then there is room for a few things to be shared under the proper conditions.

I've tried to think ahead - when I installed FSX I copeied the entire FSX folder into a backup, do that I have a vopy of every file and folder should things go arwy...