Sign in to follow this  
scotchegg

Latest NVidia drivers

Updates earlier this year gave me stutters so rolled back to the last driver I had smooth performance from (337.88) but haven't checked any updates in a couple of months.

How're the latest drivers for everybody? Any stuttering?

i910900k, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4 RAM, AW3423DW, Ruddy girt big mug of Yorkshire Tea

344.75 just released - has some new AAAF coding apparently.  I'm installing it on the new machine as I type this.  I'll report back.  Also, see the thread on "hitches."

The 344.75 was the one that caused lots of problems... Reverted back quickly and don't remember what they were, but I did take a fr hit.

John

John Wingold

Yeah, I tried 344.75 and got some stuttering so rolled back.

i910900k, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4 RAM, AW3423DW, Ruddy girt big mug of Yorkshire Tea

My experience with this  drivers is no different from the previous ones - had them since they were released - maybe they are stuttering and I was blaming other issues????

The new ones caused horizontal black bands or desktop showing through on my HDMI  connections using Nvidia surround. The hotfix drivers 344.80 don't work any better

I've done the same, rolled back to 337.88.

The last 3 or 4 iterations have not improved things for me in any of the platforms (XP10, FSX or P3D)

My 670GTX seems happy at 337.88. Much fewer stutters.

That my placebo, and I'm sticking to it!

i7 12700K , 32GB RAM @3600MHz, Asus Z690-Plus D4 MB, Gainward 4090 RTX Graphics, 850W Corsair PSU, Kraken AIO watercooler, Nvme 1TB ssd, 1TB ssd, 500GB ssd.

Just thought I'd go against the flow and say no issues for me with latest drivers.  :wink:

Same here @deetee.  I have an EVGA GTX 970 4GB Superclocked with no problems.  There was some new AAFA coding in the 344.75 mostly intended for other games.  I don't see a significant difference on my 1920x1200 display - no problem with banding.  I've always had a bit of "hitching" at high altitude/high speed flying (jets) but I think that's a scenery load issue at high settings. 

The latest drivers are causing screen tearing in my P3D 2.4 even with V-Sync on but only when I pan up or down, not side to side (which usually causes tearing).   It's rather annoying.  I think I will roll back.

100454.png
Captain K-Man FlightBlog Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCulqmz0zmIMuAzJvDAZPkWQ  //  Streaming on YouTube most Wednesdays and Fridays @ 6pm CST

Brian Navy

Just thought I'd go against the flow and say no issues for me with latest drivers.  :wink:

Same here, Titan card, no issues whatsoever. I don't use AA anymore and run 3 monitors at 4360x1600 pixels.

Torfi

don't use AA anymore and run 3 monitors at

What do you mean by "Dont use AA anymore"?

What do you mean by "Dont use AA anymore"?

Disabled HDR Anti Aliasing and Anistropic filter level down to 1x. Works like a charm, good frame rates and great graphics.

Torfi