Sign in to follow this  
west5786

Looking for combined ATC/Traffic program for General Aviation

Hello. I'm looking for a combined ATC and Traffic program for FSX. I fly mostly general aviation aircraft, vfr at the moment; but want something that can grow as my skills and hangar grow. I am looking for non-voice controlled ATC that is semi realistic and traffic that enters and follows patterns. I always fly out of KLND, a small town airport, and with FSX traffic all the way up I think I remember seeing one plane come in and land. I cannot seem to find a direction I want to pursue through my own research and would appreciate any input. Thank you.  

Not sure about the ATC, but if you like to roll your own, then AIFP from Fon Grovesteine will let you create flight plans.  You can create one for just your airport or several.

Another option, although I've only briefly looked at it is Airport AI Enhancer.

Ernie

Ernest Pergrem

I believe VoxATC is exactly what you are looking for. There are a lot of reviews and information about it located here at AVSIM and around the web.

Philip Manhart  :American Flag:

13.jpg

- "Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something." ~ Plato

Thanks for the replies. Pmanhart, I looked into VOXATC awhile back, I was under the impression that it was voice control only. I'm I incorrect about this?

after years of trying all kinds of FSX ATC and fsx instability and flight preparation time considered, I eventually decided to return to FSX ATC for its wonderfull progressive taxi guidance only with no ATC hassle to setup and rob me of cpu cycles for little payback.

Most of all I hate rushing my final approach cause the addon atc's only assign runway yards from the airport anyways, even if you in heavy iron big as the airport.

Tired tweaking fsx and atc, spend your extra cpu cycles on something more predictable like weather radar or terrain view system, got both don't need atc.

One less program to worry about in flight preparation and am having blast.    

That said if any worth the effort ATC program turns up am happy to try, but no contender so far.

Pro ATC was final final straw for me tried PFE and enjoyed it, but the pleasure was not worth the hassle in the long run.

Proatc is an IFR only ATC addon...it won't even load a VFR flight plan. Radar Contact will load a VFR flight plan but then treats it just like and IFR flight so, that casual sight seeing trip is out the window.

Voxatc is voice only but is good with VFR flight unlike the two mentioned above. It takes some time to set up so that the program will understand you. It comes with a program that it calls "Flight Plan Training". One might see that and think it is to train you on how to use flight plans. Nope, it's for you to use to train Voxatc on how to interpret your voice. First you go through the basic training and then, if you still have some problems, go through it for a specific flight plan.

I too would love a good ATC program, much like Radar Contact, that would really allow for VFR flight...unlike Radar Contact or Proatc.

So it seems that we have the most amazing addons these days, but pretty much have to stick with FSX ATC?

It kinda seems so for now if you want any VFR ATC without having a voice controlled program.

I too would love a really good ATC that will allow real VFR flight as well as IFR to take the place of the native FSX ATC. The three big players so far each have very strong points as well as deficiencies. If some enterprising person who knew his way around the code could combine all the good traits into one package while solving the deficiencies, he/she would have an unstoppable addon for FSX and P3D.