Sign in to follow this  
GHarrall

FTX Norway Released

Its out and its just great. If you have any interest in Norway as a region, its a must get.

Thanks for the heads-up, any word on compatibility with Aerosoft's Norway releases - Olso, Bergen, Tromso? 

Thanks for the heads-up, any word on compatibility with Aerosoft's Norway releases - Olso, Bergen, Tromso? 

I believe you just need to remove the associated FTX files for those addons.

There is also some talk that the developer of those Norway airports is going to work with Orbx for full compatibility.

Norway airports on top, and safer to remove specific to that airport AFCAD, CVX file and OBJ file from the ORBX Norway directory and all will be fine.

Lee

Lee H

i9 13900KF 32GB Ram 24GB RTX 4090

So, sorry if this has been answered elsewhere, I thought I remember reading that orbx was looking at getting rid of the need for enabling regions in FTX Central and having negative effects when leaving that region. I love Norway and flying Norwegian/SAS/Wideroe routes but want to be able to leave the area on longer routes without having negative effects with OpenLC Europe/Global. Also, how does this work/compare with Airports of Norway?

Regards,

Kevin LaMal

"Facts Don't Care About Your Feelings" - Shapiro2024

I was going to start a thread about Norway Freeware vs FTX Norway.

Any comments from those who upgraded from the freeware version.

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

Simple, if you are leaving the Norway (or any FTX) region or coming to it from an outside area, put FTX Global in hybrid mode. That crosses you over. Flying inside a region, then activate that region.

Lee

Lee H

i9 13900KF 32GB Ram 24GB RTX 4090

So, sorry if this has been answered elsewhere, I thought I remember reading that orbx was looking at getting rid of the need for enabling regions in FTX Central and having negative effects when leaving that region. I love Norway and flying Norwegian/SAS/Wideroe routes but want to be able to leave the area on longer routes without having negative effects with OpenLC Europe/Global. Also, how does this work/compare with Airports of Norway?

As mentioned, the new and improved hybrid mode is the answer

Simple, if you are leaving the Norway (or any FTX) region or coming to it from an outside area, put FTX Global in hybrid mode. That crosses you over. Flying inside a region, then activate that region.

Lee

But you lose something then in the detailed Norway region, don't you?

Regards,

Kevin LaMal

"Facts Don't Care About Your Feelings" - Shapiro2024

But you lose something then in the detailed Norway region, don't you?

Very minor changes in the lclookup and autogen descriptions file. I can't tell the difference and I read that the FTX team did a recent upgrade for the hybrid versions of these files

Doesn't look like it's part of the sale going on, figures being a new release,  Price is up too NCA is $40.95 AUD while Norway is $49.95AUD.

Yeah I know it's a larger region and all, just saying...

I think I'll hold for awhile; too many great deals on a lot of good software this time of year. 

RE Thomason Jr.

It's not the size of the region, it' amount of data they processed and amount of work they invested. Also, cities now have photoreal ground textures.

Current system: ASUS PRIME Z690-P D4, Intel 12900k, 32GB RAM @ 3600mhz, Zotac RTX 3090 Trinity, M2 SSD, Oculus Quest 2.

It's not the size of the region, it' amount of data they processed and amount of work they invested. Also, cities now have photoreal ground textures.

Yes your correct, I'm not arguing the price but it is up almost 20% and that is a pretty substantial increase.  I have many of their products and will surely pick this one up in the future but right now I see no need to rush in given that their are so many great deals to be had during these seasonal sales.

Look forward to hearing  the early adopters feedback and seeing more screenshots.

RE Thomason Jr.