Sign in to follow this  
GHarrall

FTX Norway Released

I will pass on this one. $50 AUD is too much for me, especially since there is an excellent freeware for Norway available. Maybe I will buy this one in next year's christmas sale. The airports from the freeware Airports of Norway look much better than the once on the screenshots from the FTX Norway regions. Since I mostly fly tubes in Europe the freeware is more than enough for me...

i7-10700K@5.0GHz ∣ Asus ROG Strix Gaming Z490-E Gaming ∣ 32Gb@3600MHz ∣ AMD Radeon 6900 XT

It's not the size of the region, it' amount of data they processed and amount of work they invested.

Just like in real life, than. It's not the size that matters, but how you use it. ;)

I've been looking forward to Skandinavia, I cant wait to have a look! But download time says 23 hours, at the moment, so it wont be for today, I'm afraid. :(

Cheers!

Maarten

Just like in real life, than. It's not the size that matters, but how you use it. ;)

I've been looking forward to Skandinavia, I cant wait to have a look! But download time says 23 hours, at the moment, so it wont be for today, I'm afraid. :(

It's not how deep you fish. It's how you wiggle the worm. Lol :)

Regards,

Kevin LaMal

"Facts Don't Care About Your Feelings" - Shapiro2024

It's not how deep you fish. It's how you wiggle the worm. Lol :)

When I was young I had that on a T-shirt. LOL

Cheers!

Maarten

John Venema would be proud how you talk about their product, especially the last three posts, lol.

Current system: ASUS PRIME Z690-P D4, Intel 12900k, 32GB RAM @ 3600mhz, Zotac RTX 3090 Trinity, M2 SSD, Oculus Quest 2.

Dont let the joking fool you, I have great respect for the guys from ORBX! I love their scenery and I truly admire the skills of those guys.

I'm starting get a nice collection of FTX scenery, lately, in and around PNW and Norway will be a great start to finaly start building up Scandinavia. I always liked flying Norway and Sweden very much.

Cheers!

Maarten

Finally it's here :Party:  It seas download size 3.61 GB, but does anybody know the actual install size? thanx!

:Yawn: It never ceases to make me smile when I read posts about the price of FTX regions. For goodness sake, Orbx regions have got to be the best value scenery anywhere. You have an entire country/region, with custom mesh, custom LC, custom Vector, customised and hand placed autogen in some areas, all airports in a region enhanced, some to the same standard as a payware airport, custom vegetation, animated people, photoreal areas, some of the finest support in the simming community, and Norway is $3 more than a well known CYVR airport!!!!! Come on fellas, get real for crying out loud!

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776

The price increase is due to the increased effort of upgrading all the airports in the area. Considering the airports look even better now (at least from what I've seen in screenshots) and that there are lots of photoreal cities, I'd say the price increase is logical.

It never ceases to make me smile when I read posts about the price of FTX regions.

I didn't complain about the price in general. I own almost all other FTX regions and I love them. It's just that I personally at this point in time don't want to spend that amount of money because

1. There is an excellent freeware for Norway

2. I still have so many areas to explore in the regions I already own

And the argument with the airports is not relevant for me since I mostly look at large airports and from the sceenshots of FTX Norway the airports look much worse than the once from the Airports of Norway freeware (and yes, you can combine the freeware with FTX Norway to change that).

i7-10700K@5.0GHz ∣ Asus ROG Strix Gaming Z490-E Gaming ∣ 32Gb@3600MHz ∣ AMD Radeon 6900 XT

:Yawn: It never ceases to make me smile when I read posts about the price of FTX regions. For goodness sake, Orbx regions have got to be the best value scenery anywhere. You have an entire country/region, with custom mesh, custom LC, custom Vector, customised and hand placed autogen in some areas, all airports in a region enhanced, some to the same standard as a payware airport, custom vegetation, animated people, photoreal areas, some of the finest support in the simming community, and Norway is $3 more than a well known CYVR airport!!!!! Come on fellas, get real for crying out loud!

I agree... in my money, FTX Norway is £26... that's outrageously good value for a whole country of goodies, landclass, photoreal parts, custom textures, objects, updated airports, etc.    Staggering value in fact.

:Yawn: It never ceases to make me smile when I read posts about the price of FTX regions. For goodness sake, Orbx regions have got to be the best value scenery anywhere. You have an entire country/region, with custom mesh, custom LC, custom Vector, customised and hand placed autogen in some areas, all airports in a region enhanced, some to the same standard as a payware airport, custom vegetation, animated people, photoreal areas, some of the finest support in the simming community, and Norway is $3 more than a well known CYVR airport!!!!! Come on fellas, get real for crying out loud!

Rockliffe, you must be tired from jumping to all those conclusions? 

It never ceases to amaze me that simply pointing out the price increase makes some people feel compelled to assert their view on what value is upon others.  I believe value, like beauty, is in the eye of the beholder all that custom hand placed autogen doesn't mean squat to me if I'm flying tubes at FL350 whereas the detail at the airport you mentioned might just be what I am looking for?

Last I counted I have 20 Orbx airports 9 regional packs and Global, so I am not anti Orbx nor was there any agenda here. I love flying in the Scandinavian countries. I have all the Aerosoft payware airports there but feel no need to rush in and get this region pack right now.  Anyway you want to slice it its a fairly expensive scenery add on and  I'm simply looking at capitalizing on the seasonal sales that are taking place right now from a lot of 3pd's; Orbx included.  Norway's not going anywhere anytime soon.

RE Thomason Jr.

I'm happy with my current version of Norway (FTXG + Norway Freeware and Aerosoft airports.) I still might buy FTX Norway, but I'm waiting for ENNK to be released and for the Aerosoft airports to be updated to ensure seamless integration.

FTX regions have always been priced low, because it's in the aiport add-ons sales where the real profits are made. :P

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.