Sign in to follow this  
scanham

Uninstall help for FS2004 747-400

In preparation for upgrading to FSX, I am trying to delete all my FS9 aircraft including the 747-400 Queen of the Skies. I made some sort of mistake the first time and couldn't get the Windows 7 Add and Remove Program to execute. When I clicked on 747-400 Queen of the Skies, nothing happened. So, I re-installed everything to see if that would help, but I am still having the same issue. Is there a manual way to do this?

Thanks,

Steve Canham

Steve Canham

Steve, try running the PMDG installer. It may (I would say should but haven't used FS9 in a long time) then give you options to repair or remove the installation.  Also, as a thought, you might try running the registry repair tool, free from Flight1, and run as admin in Win7. There is no easy way to go in and manually delete the installation and PMDG warns agains doing this. If problem persists, open a trouble ticket at support.precisionmanuals.com. Good Luck.

OBTW, no need for multiple postings. Yeah, posting on AVSIM is insanely slow but it works.

Dan Downs KCRP

Dan,

Still no luck.  The installer does not give me the option to repair or uninstall.  If I run the original installer, It says that I have a more recent version and I would need to uninstall the update before I re-install the original.  The update (update_1.2) is not listed on Add & remove programs, so I can't uninstall it.  I have re-installed the update but that doesn't have an option to repair or uninstall either.

I also ran the Flight 1 FS_RegistryRepair.  That had no effect.

I guess I will open a ticket.

Sorry about the multiple posts.  My browser said the server timed out.

Thanks for your help.

Steve Canham

Steve Canham

Steve, It's possible that "Revo uninstaller" could help. They have a free sample for you to download and try. I've been using it for years and it is an excellent program. I, of course, don't know how it might work for you with this particular incident, but worth a try and you'll love Revo. Let me know what happens.

Hey Donald - The Reno Uninstaller did the trick.  Great program!  I believe I have everything cleaned up.Thanks for your help!

Steve Canham

Steve Canham