Sign in to follow this  
walken1974

fs2004 won't work in windowed mode

I recently reinstalled fs2004 on my computer windows 7 nividia gtx 570 and love the high fps I have been getting especially with active sky weather turned up. My current problem however is that I can't get fs2004 to work in windowed mode. Upon intial startup no plane is shown in startup menu unless I go to full screen. Also when in the game when I try to go from full screen to windowed mode the screen blacks out or freezes and I can only view it if I go back to full screen. The main reason I want to operate in windowed mode is that I have two monitors and would like do work etc. on the second monitor during long flights. I have tried turning off aero and changing suggested compatabilty settings via fs2004 properties  but no go. Any ideas ? thanks

right click the FS9.exe and select from the compatability tab "disable desktop composition" and disable visual themes". See if tha helps.

Peter Schluter

Thanks for the suggestions but I have already tried these and still no go.

You might try looking at your Render to Texture setting either through the GUI display settings or directly in the FS9.cfg file. If 'RenderToTexture= num' reads 'RenderToTexture=1' try changing that to 'RenderToTexture=0', see if that helps.

Regards,

Thanks for the suggestion however I believe I solved it. I have d3d overrider working for my fsx (dx 10 fixer)  Once I disabled the d3d overrider no issues. (this was also fouling up my windows movie maker) thanks again

Thanks for the suggestion however I believe I solved it.

I'm glad you found the cause and that you shared how it was fixed. Perhaps that will help someone else in the future.

Regards,