Sign in to follow this  
angeli662

Starting programs on Client-PC/s (2nd PC)

Just installed this great software, but I have a couple of a questions.

1 - Is it possible to start a program that is running from my FSX client - PC (Network-PC)

2 - if so how to get a program like REX Plus Overdrive to rum, as it needs a few clicks actions?

Thanks

Asus Rampage VI Extreme Encore(water Cooled) EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Hybrid, 64 DD4 @ 2800 2 x 2x M.2 in raid 0.

Just installed this great software, but I have a couple of a questions.

1 - Is it possible to start a program that is running from my FSX client - PC (Network-PC)

2 - if so how to get a program like REX Plus Overdrive to rum, as it needs a few clicks actions?

Thanks

Hi,

1. I am not sure if I get you right: You would like to run programs that are installed on your main computer with FSX and SIMstarter?

That's possible: Choose a profile configuration > Startdefinition > Open "StartManager" > Add your needed programs to a "RunSet" > Close StartManager > Assign your RunSet to a SIMstarter profile

2. So far you can not perform "clicks" within SIMstarter. If possible you could use startparameters e.g. <YOUR PROGRAM.EXE> "-run -profileBla". But your program needs so handle starting parameters (See FS Global Real Weather - this program has starting parameters)

Hope I hit your questions?

: : : aviation.pero-online.de
Developer of SIMstarter NG P3D & Homecockpit Builder

This is an automatic message.

This topic has been moved from "Capt. PERO Support Forum" to "SIMstarter". This move has been done for a number of possible reasons.

• The most likely reason is that the post was off topic.
  • The topic could also have contained images or a video that were not appropriate to the original forum it was posted in.
  • The images might not have been "illustrative" or "explanatory" in nature.
  • The topic could have been moved because we deemed it to be more appropriately placed elsewhere.
Please ensure that your posts are "on topic" and contain illustrative images or videos as appropriate. Do not post videos or images just for entertainment purposes anywhere but in the screen shot or video forums. See our image posting rules here.

Members who continue to post off topic posts can be denied entry to specific forums in order to reduce and remove the practice. Your cooperation is appreciated.

Pero thanks for the reply,  

I know you can start FSX and other on the main FSX-PC which I have done I also run  several addons (Rex Weather, Project Magenta, SimToutchPlu, ASN etc) on a Network PC (a client-PC)  those are what I would like to start but they are on a network. is it possible?

Asus Rampage VI Extreme Encore(water Cooled) EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Hybrid, 64 DD4 @ 2800 2 x 2x M.2 in raid 0.

Pero thanks for the reply,  

I know you can start FSX and other on the main FSX-PC which I have done I also run  several addons (Rex Weather, Project Magenta, SimToutchPlu, ASN etc) on a Network PC (a client-PC)  those are what I would like to start but they are on a network. is it possible?

Not at the moment. But could be possible in future. Would that be RunSet specific? Can you please describe your requirements in detail? What should be started when?

I just will rename your threat name. ;O)

Sure, here it is:

When I start FSX I have to open several addons

On the main PC where I have FSX I have to start FSX, EVGA Precision X16 and Dolby Cockpit Sounds FX. which SimStarter  do it very well.

On my Client-PC(Network) I rum  ASN, REXEssencialPlusOD, 4 addons from Project Magenta,  WideClient(FSUIPC) and SimToutchPlus2 eccept for REX they all start on different screens so time and priority is not important is REX weather has about 4 stages (mouse clicks). I know with REX it probably be impossible but with be a great feature if I could start the addon on the Client-PC  which is pretty most Simmers out there.

thanks again

Thanks again.

Are they depending on a SIMstarter profile or do you start the same programs for every profile?

Can all the programs beeing started with the profile or wait until the simulator is ready?

You could create a batch-file. Do you know about batch-files? Otherwise I could give you an example...

Pero, thanks for the reply and for the Beta fix.

I know about batch files but very little how to write them,  furthermore the scheme would have to work on 2 PCs over network.

I have tried to use SIMstarter pointing to the .exe on my Client-PC. didn't work, none of the addons on the client opened.

I think I am asking to much.  It is just a pain to open all this programs. Thats why I like Simstarter, at list I get 3 at once on my Main FSX PC plus the other goodies offord by SIMstarter.

Just a quick question: Cam SIMstarter be installed on a client PC?  considering only the FSX SDK is installed.

thaks 

Sorry for re-opening an older thread. There is certainly a need to start programs on a Client PC. I have the driver for my 9 Saitek FIPS running networked (i.e. they are started on a networked laptop) because they cause stuttering when running on the main machine. They have to be started after Prepar3d.

Starting networked programs would be a very welcomed feature, but should be all but simple to achieve. I tried several tools (psexec, paexec & Co) to achieve this via a batch file but always failed because of access denied. I know it can be done given proper access settings, but these are quite deeply hidden in the Windows settings and all but trivial (at least for non-network-experts).

Another approach might be a little background program running on the Client and being pinged when to start, say, the Saitek Drivers.

This would be well worth another donation from me, but as I said it would be all but simple. Perhaps someone with a deeper networking background might help here. Actually, this can be decoupled more or less from SIMstarter itself, as, after you've got a proper batch file, this one can be called from SIMstarter.

Kind regards, Michael

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

Sorry for re-opening an older thread. There is certainly a need to start programs on a Client PC. I have the driver for my 9 Saitek FIPS running networked (i.e. they are started on a networked laptop) because they cause stuttering when running on the main machine. They have to be started after Prepar3d.

Starting networked programs would be a very welcomed feature, but should be all but simple to achieve. I tried several tools (psexec, paexec & Co) to achieve this via a batch file but always failed because of access denied. I know it can be done given proper access settings, but these are quite deeply hidden in the Windows settings and all but trivial (at least for non-network-experts).

Another approach might be a little background program running on the Client and being pinged when to start, say, the Saitek Drivers.

This would be well worth another donation from me, but as I said it would be all but simple. Perhaps someone with a deeper networking background might help here. Actually, this can be decoupled more or less from SIMstarter itself, as, after you've got a proper batch file, this one can be called from SIMstarter.

Kind regards, Michael

Hi Michael,

I did a PreBeta which starts files on a remote PC if a "fire-file" has been detected. So you need to copy a special named file into a "fire folder" and the remote programs will start. But this is early beta.

I send it to you for a special beta test.

Hi Pero,

that would be more than great. Feel free to send me the file, I'll certainly test it, no matter it's early beta.

Kind regards, Michael

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

Hi Pero,

that would be more than great. Feel free to send me the file, I'll certainly test it, no matter it's early beta.

Kind regards, Michael

You've got mail to your gmx Account.

Thanks to Michael who did the BETA test of SIMstarterClient.

SIMstarterClient makes it possible to start programs on a remote PC. There is a trigger file copied to a directory, which SIMstarterClient and the programs starts. ;O)

I am not sure im SIMstarterClient will become part of SIMstarter of if I release it as a separate project. For sure the use of SIMstarterClient is included in SIMstarter (but can be used as stand alone as well). ;O)

Thanks to Pero for implementing this one.

Those with a Client/Server configuration are going to *love* this. You start the Simulator via Simstarter on the Server, while some ghost starts your GPS, Moving Map, Weather program, Driver (in my case the Saitek FIPs driver), whatever you like, on the Client. I am really excited about this.

Kind regards, Michael

Is SimStarterClient available generally, or is it in limited distribution. Excellent idea. Rounds out the run module.

Thanks.