Sign in to follow this  
aentwis

RXP GNS530

I would be interested to know if the RXP 530GNS unit is going to be added like the GTN750 from F1 was.

A

We are still looking at the RXP 530, but nothing is final yet.

We also have to examine the Mindstar units, as they are apparently now WAAS capable.

RXP has gone AWOL in terms of product support, and Mindstar is a fresh company with current and up to date support services.

Joe - Chief Pilot & Lead Tester - Flysimware Simulation Software

Captain - Gulfstream IV-SP

ATP/CFI/AGI/EMB-505/LR-JET/G-IV

Thanks for the info... true what you say about the lack of support for the RXP devices... it is just that quite a number of us have them...

My problem with the GTN range from Flight1 is the cost of updating the AIRACs for the Trainer... Having to decide between airport/scenery purchases or current navdata with such a small number of supported 3D/VC environments currently will always go in favour of airport/scenery purchases... the Mindstar units' navdata updates are a lot cheaper, but so few aircraft again support the gauge in the VC with a 3D interface...

It is always going to be down to choice, what the customer can afford and what not...

Thanks again

A

Good point I have to agree, the number of Reality units would vastly outnumber Mindstar units. Im not pushing for either of them as My touch screen is about to get the 750.

I think a poll would be a good indication

ZORAN

I think a poll would be a good indication

And so it shall be :)

Joe - Chief Pilot & Lead Tester - Flysimware Simulation Software

Captain - Gulfstream IV-SP

ATP/CFI/AGI/EMB-505/LR-JET/G-IV