Sign in to follow this  
skip d

ctd...kneeboard/nav log

Hi all;

Flying the default c172 for the last 3-4 yrs with no problems. Made a flt plan today and had my plane moved to starting location. Only add-ons are UTX,GEX,REX and FSrealWX lite. The flight goes just fine until I open the Kneeboard and click on the NavLog. I crash with the message "Fault Module Name: MSVCR80.dll  Version:8.0.50727.4940. Exception Code c00000005.

I downloaded the .pdf here on CTD's and looked at the section on C++ comparing it to mine in my Programs and Features. They don't come close to being alike.

I'm stumped. I tried the suggestion Mr. Nick had in his forum,but the link he refers to is a dead end.

Any ideas will be welcomed. Thanks !!

Skip D

This is an automatic message.

This topic has been moved from "MS FSX Forum" to "Crash To Desktop (CTD) Forum". This move has been done for a number of possible reasons.

• The most likely reason is that the post was off topic.
  • The topic could also have contained images or a video that were not appropriate to the original forum it was posted in.
  • The images might not have been "illustrative" or "explanatory" in nature.
  • The topic could have been moved because we deemed it to be more appropriately placed elsewhere.
Please ensure that your posts are "on topic" and contain illustrative images or videos as appropriate. Do not post videos or images just for entertainment purposes anywhere but in the screen shot or video forums. See our image posting rules here.

Members who continue to post off topic posts can be denied entry to specific forums in order to reduce and remove the practice. Your cooperation is appreciated.

I crash with the message "Fault Module Name: MSVCR80.dll Version:8.0.50727.4940.

This is Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 required to run FSX/Acceleration successfully. You have an old version. You need version 6195 instead of 4940. Go to the following link to get the 2005 w/sp1 - http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2019667 .

Best regards,

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Hiya Jim:

Sorry to be a bother.....this only just happened recently. Whenever I make a flight plan and try to bring it up on the kneeboard....BOOM crash. I uninstalled both C++ 2005 that were in my Programs page,and downloaded the (X86) version of 8.0.50727.6195. I then ran it and it installed. NO JOY !! Still crashes,but this time with a different fault. I even tried the (X64) version....still no luck.

I would like to send a pix of my Programs and Features,but I'm not having any luck with attatching a picture here according to the tutorial. When I paste in the URL and hit "OK" nothing happens.

I'm a real clutz with this Computer business. Hope you've got some more ideas up your sleeve !!

Thanks....Skip

I would like to send a pix of my Programs and Features,but I'm not having any luck with attatching a picture here according to the tutorial. When I paste in the URL and hit "OK" nothing happens.

This happens with IE10 or 11 users.  You have to hit that little BBCode Mode button, then paste the link in your post.  Same goes if you try to quote a post, nothing will show up in your reply.  IE10 and 11 users have to use the BBCode Mode and turn it off.

I then ran it and it installed. NO JOY !! Still crashes,but this time with a different fault. I even tried the (X64) version....still no luck.

The Microsoft Visuals are used by developers to make sure your application runs as intended.  At least it was updated to the proper version.  The 6195 version was suppose to be included with Acceleration but the program was released too soon.  What was the other faulting module?

There are thousands of reasons for fsx to crash.  The faulting module only provides a clue to a fix but it does not always fix the problem.  A fix for the faulting module will work for 8 out of 10 users but not for the other two.  It mostly comes down to system configuration.  The Exception Code you listed in your OP shows up in almost every crash, whether it be fsx or Microsoft Office or Internet Explorer.  It means there was a memory accession violation. 

I would try removing the logbook.bin in the MyDocuments/FlightSimulatorX Files.  Move it to a temporary directory so that it will be rebuilt.  If that fixes the problem then you had a corrupted logbook.  The logbook contains every flight you have ever flown plus all of your missions and awards received.  So, if the logbook was corrupted, you want to fix it or else none of your completed missions will show up as completed anymore.  AVSIM has a FSX Logbook Recovery tool in the AVSIM Library.

Ah, let's see what else I might have up my sleeve.... 

Best regards,

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

GOL-DARN !!!!.....it works !!!

Great idea Jim........moved the logbook.bin out and started a flight. Clicked on Navlog and.....voila....there were the details !!!

I hardly ever have used it because I hardly ever make a flight plan.I mostly fly "ded wreckoning" but lately I've gotten into using charts so I can use waypoints to navigate and set up landings.

How do think I could have gotten a corrupted file?? I only have a few flt.pln in there !

Should I clear it out after every flight ???

Sound like my 5 yr old grandson with so many questions...sorry Jim.

You're a real Comp. Whiz !!

Skip

How do think I could have gotten a corrupted file?? I only have a few flt.pln in there !

It gets corrupted somehow.  Perhaps it was in the process of updating and you shutdown FSX suddenly or you were flying a flight and all the electricity to your house was shut off and there was an abnormal shutdown.  Lots of reasons but fortunately there is a tool in the AVSIM Library to repair it and you can repair it as often as you like.  Glad the "solution" worked!  Merry Christmas!

Best regards,

Submit News to AVSIM

One more small request........can you please point me to that tool you mentioned in the Library ???.....I searched there,but didn't know what to search for....pretty klutzy !!

Merry Christmas to you also !!

One more small request........can you please point me to that tool you mentioned in the Library ???..

http://library.avsim.net/download.php?DLID=98186 If that is not successful, just search for logbook in FSX Utilities.

Best regards,

Submit News to AVSIM