Sign in to follow this  
planenut

Fatal Error

Recently I've been getting Fatal Errors, particularly when selecting some of my other addon planes.  I always start with the default C172 and it doesn't happen all the time

In the Event Viewer the Faulting Module Name is G500.dll.  The whole path is:  E:\FSX\gauges\g500.dll.  Sometimes the Faulting Module is "unknown".

Any idea how to fix this?  Thanks.

Jim

Win 7

2600k O/C to 4.3G 8GB RAM

Not sure what the G500.dll is related to but Google says it might be the A2A Accu-Feel program. Is there an entry in your dll.xml relating to loading of the g500.dll? Do you have the latest version of the Accu-Feel program (or whatever program it belongs to). You might want to look at the AVSIM CTD Guide as it provides procedures to investigating or troubleshooting your crashes.

Best regards,

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Hi Jim,

Thanks for the info.  I'll try to do some more investigation to narrow this down.

Do you know if that G500.dll in the Gauges section of FSX is part of the FSX install or was it added later as part of some of my addons.

Jim

It is not part of the FSX default installation.  It came with an addon.  Perhaps you do not have the addon anymore but it is loading in the dll.xml.

Best regards,

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10