Sign in to follow this  
karmelk

Saving Flightplans

Hello you PMDG fanatics,

I have just reinstalled the version 1 of the PMDG Queen of the Sky again. Problem however which I am having is saving my PFPX flightplans to the FMC whereby I can request it as a company route. Also saving a flightplan prepaired in the FMC is womething I am, for now, unable to accomplish.

Any suggestions please.

Kind regards

Dirk

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

Problem however which I am having is saving my PFPX flightplans to the FMC whereby I can request it as a company route.

What's the problem? Can you be more specific?

Also saving a flightplan prepaired in the FMC is womething I am, for now, unable to accomplish.

I haven't flown the Queen in some time, so my memory is foggy. Isn't there a SAVE ROUTE prompt? If so, that should save the route. The way to recall it, however, is to enter the route pair and sequence number into the COROUTE line.

As an example, the very first KIAD - EGLL route I saved would be KIADEGLL01. If I saved another one, it would be KIADEGLL02. You need to add the sequence number in when using COROUTE.

PFPX also adds a sequence number to ensure that it doesn't overwrite any existing plans. It shows you what it saves your file as, however, when you go to save it. Use this name when requesting the route through COROUTE.

Kyle Rodgers

Kyle, Thanks for your prompt response. In the FMC I have ter to find the "Save" message. As for the combination Icao codes followed by a sequence number, this I have tried entering into the co-route however with no succes. I guess I'll have to keep trying untill I find the solution.

Thanks again.

Dirk

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

I guess I'll have to keep trying untill I find the solution.

If you're using Vista or Win7, the sim will not keep any files created in previous sessions if you do not run the sim as an administrator. In other words, if you're not running the sim as an administrator, as soon as you close the sim, any settings you've changed, or files you've created, are deleted/wiped.

Kyle Rodgers

the very first KIAD - EGLL route I saved would be KIADEGLL01

The first KIAD - EGLL route saved would be KIADEGLL001 with two zeros, automatically assigned by the FMC.

On the CDU, select RTE.  Click <RTE COPY key and the scratchpad confirms the name of the saved route.

Dugald Walker

The first KIAD - EGLL route saved would be KIADEGLL001 with two zeros, automatically assigned by the FMC.

Hmm...the NGX and 777 both use only two digits in the sequential addition.

I'll trust you, though. I don't have the 744v2 installed anymore, so I was working all off of memory mixed with current practice.

Kyle Rodgers

I searched all through the manual without success but finally found it in the Type Rating Course 1, page 13.

Dugald Walker