Sign in to follow this  
superdraw

MSE Italy is Available

Given all the problems I've had with MSE Netherlands and Belgium, here's one simmer who won't be adding MSE Italy to my scenery library, even if it was free!

Each of the listed folder is a zip file that can be downloaded. 

Click on the folder to download, or if that doesn`t work right click should pull up a context menu with Download as an option.  In some cases you must hold down the ALT key and right click to get it to work.

Or get a Google Drive account (you already have one if you have a Google/GMail account). Download the client application for your PC, link the Italy photoscenery files to your account, leave your PC on overnight and hey presto, the files will be on the Google Drive folder of your PC.

The freeware Italy is 330 files and it will take a long time to dl.

I already had 213 of them, but it took me 2 weeks.

Each zipfile has to be choosen and then select 2 windows by hand.

After having downloade them all , you need to unzip them all and manually copy the scenery files into one.

That is 330 times....

Therefore I have bought MSE Italy : 52 files, but you can unzip them all at once and it will create one scenery folder....

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

The Free Italy is well worth the patience and effort to both D/L and sort. The finished product is nothing short of stunning. My favourite Photo outside of the UK and on a par with Horizon Scenery. With the added bonus of nationwide autogen.

Outside of the USA I have to say that MSE is a total waste of money, unless you are fortunate enough to get your hands on it at a very large discount.

I would add that MSE also contains Corsica and Sardinia, which the free version does not. However, I am quite happy to live without them.

Arnie....if it ain't broke, don't fix it...

To all of you, thanks heaps for the hints.

After no reply from MSE I am presently dl the Italy freeware.  Looked at one area with viewer and am impressed.

How low can I fly with crisp images?

I don't have any MSE outside the US but from the comments I've seen everywhere don't think I missed much.

I'm mostly a mountain flyer anyways.

Thanks again......

Here is the latest at MSE

I think the guys at PC aviator might have been into the xmas Spirits a bit early....lol   :P

December Sale - 40% Off All MegaSceneryEarth Scenery. Ends 9 am Monday 3 November

The freeware Italy is 330 files and it will take a long time to dl.

I already had 213 of them, but it took me 2 weeks.

Each zipfile has to be choosen and then select 2 windows by hand.

After having downloade them all , you need to unzip them all and manually copy the scenery files into one.

That is 330 times....

Therefore I have bought MSE Italy : 52 files, but you can unzip them all at once and it will create one scenery folder....

Freeware Italy really isn't that much hassle.

Firstly, as I said, get the Google Drive client onto your PC. That will download all of the 330 files automatically for you when you link to his folders. No hassle there.

Then once they are downloaded, create your 'Italy Photoscenery' folder wherever you fancy. Cut and paste your 330 zips into that folder. Making sure you have 7zip installed on your PC, select a good chunk of the zip files at a time (say 100, then you'll only need to do the process 4 times) and right click. Select 'Unzip here' from the menu and it will unpack all of the 100 selected files into their various folders. Once you've done this you'll have 330 subfolders under your Italy Photoscenery folder. If you don't require the zips as a back up then remove them.

Final thing is to make sure you have Scenery Config Editor:

http://sourceforge.net/projects/fs-sceditor/

It has a feature that enables you to select a folder and (no matter how many subfolders it has) it creates all of the entries in your scenery.cfg file. So select your Italy Photoscenery folder and the job is done.

Common , 330 entries in your scenery library for Italy alone ?

I already have 358 entries without Italy....

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

It doesn't cause me any problems. I manage it all through the Scenery Config Editor.

I haven't done it yet, but I doubt you would need a separate entry for each PR Italy area.  Just create an Italy folder with a scenery folder inside this, add all of the bgls to the scenery folder and add one entry in to your scenery.cfg file.

Regarding MS Earth Italy, well, pictures here on the forums say it all.  I can't believe that guy is still selling scenery.  I wonder if he's started any of his "updates" yet?

Cheers,