Sign in to follow this  
Eziocin

Best clouds textures to be used in DX10

The title says it all.....is there any cloud textures package that benefits from DX10 in terms of visual and performance more than others or are they all equivalent (FEX, REX3, REX4, etc...) ?

Thanks

Regards

AMD Ryzen 7800x3d, Asus ROG Strix RTX4090, Asus x670e-e, G-Skill F5-6000J3038F16GX2-TZ5NR

If all you're looking for is textures, I'd go for REX 4, unless you need the weather engine that REX 3 has. REX 4 is newer, it's got all the DirectX options well defined like angeli said (REX 3 works with DX10 but the texture options aren't so specific), and it's simple to use. Have you seen the screenshots page that REX has put up? They're beautiful! And I've seen some pretty stunning results here in my sim too.

What about Rex Soft Clouds... I have never seen so much fog in FSX. Very good improvement. :im Not Worthy:

I'm loving Soft Clouds too, now that it's released. Would've recommended it before but it didn't exist when I wrote the original post.  ^_^

fully agree....I have using them for a few days now and I am very happy about them.....

next step will be to find the most suitable set of textures and animations for waters.......

regards

AMD Ryzen 7800x3d, Asus ROG Strix RTX4090, Asus x670e-e, G-Skill F5-6000J3038F16GX2-TZ5NR

Not to sound like a ######, but that's what I use REX 4 Texture Direct for. :) Stunning texture set IMO.

Edit: didn't realize that fanb*y was a forbidden word? Can anyone explain that?

Not to sound like a ######, but that's what I use REX 4 Texture Direct for. :) Stunning texture set IMO.

Edit: didn't realize that fanb*y was a forbidden word? Can anyone explain that?

It stirs the pop, I guess.

Suggestion:  Fanbouy...lol.

Fanbouy... LOL!!

REX said over in another soft cloud thread that they will have something cool coming soon with both HD clouds and Soft Clouds mixed together... which is like the real sky after all.

Rex SC improves the fog so well, cant wait to see the new cloud package