Sign in to follow this  
mbcans

Course Assignment into MCP Combo II - Boeing

Hi all,

I have a query regarding LINDA assignments to the MCP Combo II - Boeing.  Looking at the MCP part of LINDA, the top item of the middle column refers to a CRS knob.  However this section is greyed out and there is no Course Knob on the unit itself.

So, I am wondering where you enter the course/alignment of the destination airport?

I apologise if this is a beginners type question but I am new to autopilots, ILS, navigation and MCP Combos, having preferred VFR seat of the pants virtual flying in small GA aircraft.

Cheers, John C, Crib Point, Victoria, Australia

Press DME on the radio section then turn the knob on the radio section and you will see the CRS adjust, press the DME button again to swap to the other DME radio..

Cheers, Andy.

Hi John

Welcome to LINDA. THE CRS knob was as extra control found on the original MCP1 panel. As AndyDigital says the Radio knob in DME knob should allow the runway heading or VOR course to be entered. However, this does not function in LINDA 2.5 but will be fixed in the next version to be released soon.

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

LINDA Support/Developer - VATSIM and BAVirtual - Airbus Flyer

i7 1TB SSD GTX980 - FSX/P3D - Aerosoft Airbus A318/A319/A320/A321 - FS2Crew

Thanks again Andy & Scot for the prompt reply.   Flight to test this new knowledge checked out perfectly.

Cheers, John C, Crib Point, Victoria, Australia