Sign in to follow this  
Portia911

New Flysimware 441 Conquest, half-price @ PC Aviator (US)

Thats insane! Im tempted to buy a second copy- its only been out for 2 weeks

ZORAN

Now its back to full price again, must have realized it was an error

ZORAN

Since I missed the 441, is the Cessna 402c worth the special price?  Those who picked up the 441 really did get a good deal while it lasted.. 

Carl

PC AMD Ryzen R7-5700G (8-Core) processor), AMD Radeon RX 6600 Graphics 8GB/ 2TB HD + 500GB SSD,  16GB DDR4 3200MHz RAM, Win11

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Since I missed the 441, is the Cessna 402c worth the special price?  Those who picked up the 441 really did get a good deal while it lasted.. 

I bought the Cessna 402c on last years sale. I'm not a real pilot of any kind so I couldn't tell you if the FDE is top-notch or not. It "feels" ok I guess, flight model wise. Still, the guys at Flysimware have a lot to learn in 3D-modeling and texturing from the bigger players out there. It just isn't good enough IMO, especially not for full retail price. There are payware planes from 2009 out there that have better 3D-models and/or texturing. On a sale however, and granted that you really want a 402 then I guess it is the best option out there, all-round. If the flight-model is most important to you then I guess it's a no-brainer. Not trying to slam the devs here, I actually buy from smaller devs first and foremost these days to support them, Aerosoft, A2A, PMDG and the likes gets all the attention they need as it is.

I appreciate your input  Addman. I had a feeling the 441 would be a cut above their 402c.  I think I will spend the $$ on one of the Carenado's since I have several and have been happy with them. 

Carl

PC AMD Ryzen R7-5700G (8-Core) processor), AMD Radeon RX 6600 Graphics 8GB/ 2TB HD + 500GB SSD,  16GB DDR4 3200MHz RAM, Win11

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Tiger, the new Carenado Senaca V for $13 from Flightsim Store is one of the gems in this season's sales if you haven't already got it. Otherwise of the mid-sized twins, Carenado's Cessna 340 would be worth a look for a few dollars more than the half-price 402c.

The 402c is a nice model and well worth $15 and was a first step by Flysimware toward more system detailed models.

Yep, already picked up the Seneca V, also the C3377H.  Couldn't resist the good price on the Seneca V.  I picked up the Cessna 340 druing the last sale.  I end up always spending to much money during these Thansgiving and Christmas sales.

Carl

The 402 is a great little plane from FlySimWare. I've put about 20 hours on it in the last three weeks or so, I bought it at 50% off and a wonderful purchase. You can't expect much in terms of systems from a piston twin as there isn't a lot to model. What is modeled works and works well. It will also be getting an update for a few 3rd party tools, see this thread: http://forum.avsim.net/topic/457543-cessna-441-final-update-15/

Tom

"I just wanna tell you both: good luck. We're all counting on you."

The 441 is an exceptional plane even at full price, the sound of the garrets ...well you need to hear them to believe it, very immersive. Its a system faithful plane and leaves Ceranado in the dust.

My opinion? if you want pretty graphics by Ceranado but if you want  a "real plane"  with great support  its the441, the DEV flies it regularly in real world and is very active in the forums

ZORAN

I absolutely love both their 402 and their 414; I'm flying nothing else at the moment.

What they may lack in state of the art texturing, they make up for in flight handling fidelity, sound, and general immersion in my opinion.   They're good on frames, and you have F1 GTN750 integration with the 414 (and they've said it will soon be added to the 402 too), and even RXP WX500 integration too.

Just really nice planes to fly.