Sign in to follow this  
Eziocin

Wet runway textures

Hi,

I am not able to see wet runways when it is raining ? Is it normal or am I overlooking something ?

Thanks

Regards

AMD Ryzen 7800x3d, Asus ROG Strix RTX4090, Asus x670e-e, G-Skill F5-6000J3038F16GX2-TZ5NR

And what weather engine are you using? If it's Active Sky Next, there's a small issue in the current build that prevents the wet runway textures from displaying in certain circumstances. This issue is on the list to be fixed in the next service pack.

Of course, Steve's point in the post above is valid as well.

Wayne Klockner
United Virtual

BetaTeamB.png

And what weather engine are you using? If it's Active Sky Next, there's a small issue in the current build that prevents the wet runway textures from displaying in certain circumstances. This issue is on the list to be fixed in the next service pack.

Of course, Steve's point in the post above is valid as well.

Thanks for letting us know that this issue will be looked at, I have been having this small problem for a while and did post some time back.

have been testing trying to isolate the problem but it appears to be random as there may be more that one cause. Steve has pointed out that some add-on airports could contribute.

at the moment I seem to have problems in the ftxpnw add-on scenery around north Washington and Vancouver Isle.

I did mention at the time that ASN modified some DX10 files and I wondered if we uninstall and reinstall DX10 fixer libraries as it also flushes the shader cache folder do we need to reinstall ASN.

bob

I have tested various addon airports coming from different vendors (aerosoft, FSDT, etc...) against the same airports stock version and I can confirm that the problem exists only on the addon version of the airport.  I am using Opus FSI weather engine.

Not a major issue...I was just curious to understand if this is an inherent DX10 bug or is caused my set up.

Thanks for your answers anyway.

Regards 

AMD Ryzen 7800x3d, Asus ROG Strix RTX4090, Asus x670e-e, G-Skill F5-6000J3038F16GX2-TZ5NR

I have tested various addon airports coming from different vendors (aerosoft, FSDT, etc...) against the same airports stock version and I can confirm that the problem exists only on the addon version of the airport.

Not a major issue...I was just curious to understand if this is an inherent DX10 bug or is caused my set up.

Thanks for your answers anyway.

Regards

I don't think this a DX10 problem as I have tested with other weather engines, Open Clouds, FSREALWX and the default fsx weather and none 'wet runways' are not an issue.( ie only occurs in ASN)

bob