Sign in to follow this  
Vnavspeed

PMDG NGX shuts down FSX suddenly without any warning

Dear PMDG staffs and avsim members ,

When i try to fly with pmdg ngx , fsx shuts down without any warning once the flight is loaded.

Im getting this problem for a while and i decided to re-install my operating system. I ve done it and installed every single neccessary things clearly , properly. Now , i just installed my PMDG ngx plane and activated properly again and the same annoying problem occurs. All of my softwares are up to date ( such as DX , Visual C++ etc. ). I need your help immediately. Thanks.

Intel Core i5 9600K 4.7GHZ / MSI MPG Z390 Gaming Plus / MSI Nvidia RTX 2060 Super Ventus GP OC / Corsair 2X8GB DDR4 3200MHZ RAM / Corsair MP510 480GB M2 SSD / Cooler Master MasterLiquid 240 RGB

Hello

I have that problem both on NGX and T7 too.  I get MSVBVM60.dll fatal error when simulator loads the flight. I was able to fly with both NGX and T7. After some time, I got this error on T7 and activex problem. I did the nobrief solution and it did work and solved the activex problem. (Solution can be found below.) But since today, when I select NGX and simulator loads the flight, WITHOUT ANY ERROR FSX closes it self.

I sent a ticket to PMDG about T7 and their answer was:

"We use C++ in our products"

"We absolutely do not use that dll in any way - your crash is not being caused by the 777" 

I don't really know C++ coding but I think that's the problem. I tried to do Visual Runtime 6 install twice but still, doesn't solve the problem.

http://forum.avsim.net/topic/402347-active-x-problem-starting-fsx/%C2'>

Update:

I just tried iFly 747 v2 and it seems GAUGES does not work. Displays are black and no control on the aircraft.

You could try this link http://activex.microsoft.com/controls/vb6/vbrun60.cab but I have no idea of your OS and if it might work on your system or not. 

Original poster, add your signatures and check eventvwr.exe for any clues to what dll is causing the crashes.

Jude Bradley
Beech Baron: Uh, Tower, verify you want me to taxi in front of the 747?
ATC: Yeah, it's OK. He's not hungry.

X-Plane 11 X-Plane 12 and MSFS2020  🙂

System specs: Windows 11  Pro 64-bit, Ubuntu Linux 20.04 i9-9900KF  Gigabyte Z390 RTX-3070-Ti , 32GB RAM  1X 2TB M2 for X-Plane 12,  1x256GB SSD for OS. 1TB drive MSFS2020

This vaguely reminds me of similar symptoms with the fsx dll.xml file, usually caused by a third party addon other than PMDG. Maybe some google searches on that might shed light on your problems.  Also good source is the AVSIM FSX forum where there should be a number of threads on this file due to its ability to make FSX unusable, while at the same time any addon can modify it at will.

Dan Downs KCRP