Sign in to follow this  
BenBaron

Searching LVLD767 pilots for testing

Hi guys,

for a small software project of mine I am looking for some people who are willing to do some alpha testing. Basically, it is about the simulation of a first officer in connection with speech recognition and text to speech. If you're interested, you need:

- the LVLD767 running in FS9

- have some experience with FS9 (if you don't know what a .gau or panel.cfg is, this is not for you)

- own a microphone

- have the speech recognition set to "English-US" in Windows (on the "smaller" versions of Vista and Win7 possible using the Vistalizator)

So, if you want to join, contact me via pm and I will come back to you.

Thanks in advance for your help!

All the best, Benny

Of course, due to the nature of human interaction via speech, there is a certain similarity as you need to use speech recognition to make things as natural as possible. But for the reaction side, the approach is totally different as no prerecorded sound files are used. Instead it uses text to speech technology, which allows for greater flexibility and, maybe more important, way more customizability in terms of that checklists, responses, operations  and so on can be defined by the user (the speech recognition grammar is not fixed but is created on the fly). For this, I am using my own script language, which is still in a process of constant evolution as needs are changing every day. For me, things are going nicely, but in order to get as many input on what the user base would like to have in terms of functionality, I am now looking for a few users who would like to help and give it a shot.

All the best, Benny

I know it's already been done  :P . And mine is by far less complex, at least until now  :lol: . Nevertheless, I'm trying to educate myself programming in C++ for FS using speech recognition, text to speech and so on. And as I'd like to release it as freeware some time later on, some input from the user base with regards to needed functionality would be appreciated.

All the best, Benny

As a sidenote. I don't know MCE, as I don't use it, so correct me if I am wrong about differences:

- I don't need a grammar xml as this is created on the fly from the checklist file

- FO checks items, if you like and advises you about errors, if needed with conditions so if e.g. fuel pumps are off with fuel in tanks you will be notified

- another example for this would be anti ice which is only expected to be on if temperature is below 10°C and visible moisture is present, so FO would tell you the actual temperature and advise you about anti ice being off

- within the checklist file random phrases and wording can be defined so the phrases are not always the same

Just to let you know what my be different.

Again, I don't know MCE from personal experience and I am not competing with it, obviously, as this is LevelD 767 only and will be free of charge. But before releasing it, I'd like to have someone testing it, as I am by no means a professional programmer :).

All the best, Benny