Sign in to follow this  
onduty

A newbie's rumbling, notes and wishes to our sofware expets

Hi All Dear PC-12 Experts,

Yes, a newbie to the PC-12 but definitely not new to real world and FS aviation (forty years of experience…hard to believe). Yesterday, I purchased the PC-12 and I really admired the handling qualities and graphics of this product.

At the same time I immediately recognised the annoying bugs with the autopilot, altitude alerter and on top of all, the completely incorrect turboprop behaviour of the engines.

I accept that it is not a real level 4 sim, but still do not understand the developers attitude, since a little more effort and it could be an outstanding product.

I did the usual thing and went through this forum and recognised that some real FS/aviation/computer experts achieved great results with upgrades, refinements. I’m a bit lost of what is ready and what is in the works, so I need some help.

I would like to have and install the customer made “patches” available with regard of the autopilot, FD and other systems. Could anybody send me the files available? It would be much appreciated. (It’s funny that customers are working on product development.)

I noticed two more small things I believe that were not referred to in this forum:

1. The EPS amber ON BATT light should be only ON when it is supplying power (i.e: the batt switches are off)
  2. The STBY Bus blue light should be on with the BATT switches off.

Looking forward to you reply,

Tamas

Hi Tamas,

If you are new to Carenado, this must indeed seem baffling to you..

I've got about 35 years of FS experience, and to me, Carenado is a "love hate" relationship.

They develop wonderful airplanes, the graphics is second to none, but the Avionics and other systems

are incomplete with every new release.

Some of us, having been there before, attempt to fix whatever we can and submit our changes to Carenado.

Some of those changes make it into Carenado Service Packs, others never do.

If you would like my avionics mods, send me a PM with your email address.

Another user has produced a set of systems mods which you can request by contacting him..

Bert

Thank you very much Bert for your kindness, incredibly quick response! My PM is on the way.

Tamas

indeed, Bert's customer support is second to none!

wait, he's not the developper ?  :huh:

seriously, big thumbs up to  the community, and Bert especially.

i would not buy another carenado product without their fixes/tuning

I suspect the attitude at Carenado is pump out the add-ons as fast as possible. Have you noticed how quick they develop them?

Hi All,

Yes, it is certainly their business philosophy. It would take months and sometimes years to develop a new product for the others. Its ok with me anyway, if they refine their products later on with

updates, SP's and they provide a responsive and open-minded customer support. I must repeat: the PC-12 has a lot of potential in it ...  if and only IF it is not abandoned by the developers.

Cheers and Merry Christmast to you all,

Tamas

Hi onduty,

Bert has fixed the autopilot issues.

Altitude alert can also be amended, and Bert also posted a fix.

ITT has been fixed/improved in my mod.

EPS switch, I don't think I can fix the behaviour of that.

STBY BUS switch I have also fixed now in my mod.