Sign in to follow this  
dahill

Has Anyone Had This Issue

I am asking this question here due to the fact that I have too many variables to put it any of the specific forums.

Recently I purchased the 777 from PMDG and the supporting voice control from FS2crew. Around the same time I added ASN to my FSX experience.

The issue I am having is that upon touchdown at my destination airport (PHNL primarily due to the low strain on my CPU) once the nose wheel touches down I start hearing an audible "bing" from my computer. As I taxi in it eventually causes my session of FSX to crash. I have tried changing the settings to stop this, initially believing it was ASN downloading on landing but have not isolated it.

I am wondering if anyone else has had a similar issue? With the numerous addons and the updates and patches I have no idea where to start.

Any help would be appreciated.

Hi Nicholas,

It surely sounds like you're getting an audible warning from fsuipc (it's a module in your FSX/modules folder) that you're sim is about to run out of memory( oom). Do a search here in our various forums for those oom errors and you'll find plenty solutions to either reduce and/or limit this occurrence.

Cheers,

Pete

I9-13900K, RTX 4090, DR5-6000MHZCORSAIR ICUE H150I ELITE, ASUS PRIME Z790-P, THERMALTAKE TOUGHPOWER GF3 1350W, WIN 11

Pete,

Thank you for the quick reply and the advice. I have avoided the dreaded OOM until now apparently. I appreciate the help and will check out the forums for an answer on how to adjust.

Thank you again,

Nick

Do you have HIGHMEMFIX=1 in your FSX.cfg?

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

The AVSIM CTD Guide provides some information about running out of virtual address space (VAS) and provide some suggestions on slowing down the depletion of VAS. The FSUIPC utility has the ability to tell you how much VAS you have remaining and display it while using FSX in Windowed Mode. The AVSIM CTD Guide provides guidance for setting this up. I have it logged to my fsuipc.log and look at it after a flight to see how much VAS I had before taking off and how much was left at the end. It also records VAS usage during the flight and you'll see it fluctuate up and down depending on what is loaded and the view.

Best regards,

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

I was getting that fsuipc beep earlier this year. First just on longer flights. Then started beeping on short flights.  I discovered an overheating processor due to the cooler breaking loose from the main board. A new cooler and a good cleaning inside took care of the problem.

Thank you gentlemen for the suggestions and guidance. I will give these suggestions a try when I get done with work today. These helicopters want their TLC too...

Do you have HIGHMEMFIX=1 in your FSX.cfg?

I do have the HIGHMEMFIX=1 in my config file. I think I have just about every tweak with the exception of the buffer pools (never made me any money it seemed). But thank you, sir.