Looking to upgrade my ASUS 24" 1980x1080 display with something around the 32" size...  Maybe in $500-800 range?

Any suggestions on what would be a good display for P3Dv2?  I have an intel 3570K and ASUS GTX 980 3GB video card system.  System is only used for P3D.

Thanks in advance!

This is an automatic message.

This topic has been moved from "The Prepar3d General Forum" to "Monitors, Video Cards and Drivers". This move has been done for a number of possible reasons.

• The most likely reason is that the post was off topic.
  • The topic could also have contained images or a video that were not appropriate to the original forum it was posted in.
  • The images might not have been "illustrative" or "explanatory" in nature.
  • The topic could have been moved because we deemed it to be more appropriately placed elsewhere.
Please ensure that your posts are "on topic" and contain illustrative images or videos as appropriate. Do not post videos or images just for entertainment purposes anywhere but in the screen shot or video forums. See our image posting rules here.

Members who continue to post off topic posts can be denied entry to specific forums in order to reduce and remove the practice. Your cooperation is appreciated.

Now looking at Benq BL3200PT for $650 and free shipping (best buy)

32" 2560 x 1440 4ms 

Now looking at Benq BL3200PT for $650 and free shipping (best buy)

32" 2560 x 1440 4ms 

You might want to hold off for the 4K's. The prices seem to be coming down pretty fast. I do see a lot of good press on the BL3200PT.

Sam

Prepar3D V5.3/12700K@5.1/EVGA 3080 TI/1000W PSU/Windows 10/40" 4K Samsung@3840x2160/ASP3D/ASCA/ORBX/
ChasePlane/General Aviation/Honeycomb Alpha+Bravo/MFG Rudder Pedals/

Two weeks ago I picked up a Samsung 40" 4KUHD TV at Best Buy for $600. I'm still stunned by the way P3D looks on this monitor...

System:   AMD FX-9370 4.4GHz, 16G RAM, Asus Crosshair V Formula Z, MSI 1080ti STRIXI, Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit, Coolermaster Cosmos case, 1200W PSU, 1-256G Intel SSD, 4-512G Samsung 840 Pro SSDs, 1-1Tb Samsung 840 Pro SS, 6Tb+ external USB disk space, Prepar3D V4.3, All MegaSceneryEarth, REX OD, All ORBX

I picked up an LG 40" 4KUHD for $700 Cdn.  I'm running FSX DX10 at 2560 X 1440 with good frame rates.  Transformational.  For me it's a whole new sim.

Yeah, I was about to say that if you use a larger monitor and stay the same distance away then you may well be seeing pixels... so I'm glad that you're looking at at least higher resolution and maybe even 4K.

Chas

My first sim flight simulator pD25zEJ.jpg

Take a ride to Stinking Creek! http://youtu.be/YP3fxFqkBXg Win10 Pro, GeForce GTX 1080TI/Rizen5 5600x  OCd,32 GB RAM,3x1920 x 1080, 60Hz , 27" Dell TouchScreen,TM HOTAS Warthog,TrackIR5,Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals HP reverbG2,Quest2

Bought the Benq BL3200PT for $585 no tax and free shipping  at NCIX

32" 2560 x 1440 4ms 

BenQ BL3200PT.

I've settled on this after running: single 1080, triple 1080, 50" 3840x2160, Short-Throw 1080 projector, and 55" 1080.

The BenQ is a phenomenal monitor.

7900X OC @ 4.8GHz | ASRock Fatal1ty X299 Professional | 2 x EVGA GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 (SLI) | 32GB G.Skill DDR4 2800