Sign in to follow this  
Capt Speirs

Cessna Citation X Extreme 2.0

Anyone have this airplane from Eaglesoft? If so, what do you think? I always wanted to fly this bird, had it for FS9.

It flies beautifully, has really good systems, VC is not very nice (but that doesn't take away from flying it).  On the downside, I couldn't get it to work with any of my panels (buttons, switches, knobs) so I had to fly it by mouse.  It's not LINDA compatible at all and they seem to have no interest in doing so.

Gregg

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

It flies beautifully, has really good systems, VC is not very nice (but that doesn't take away from flying it).  On the downside, I couldn't get it to work with any of my panels (buttons, switches, knobs) so I had to fly it by mouse.  It's not LINDA compatible at all and they seem to have no interest in doing so.

Gregg

It comes with a INI file hidden away in your /AppData/ directory (look for 'ESDG' folder), that allows dozens of keyboard assignments; mainly for the autoflight systems).

Here's it's location on my system :-

6767610.jpg

and here are just some of the assignments available:-

8888710.jpg

With keys assigned here it should be possible to get most hardware working with it?

Definitely not a 'mouse clicker' aircraft in my experience (because I agree with you, and don't like aircraft - like Captain Sim - that rely entirely on mouseclicks).

It comes with a INI file hidden away in your /AppData/ directory (look for 'ESDG' folder), that allows dozens of keyboard assignments; mainly for the autoflight systems).

Here's it's location on my system :-

6767610.jpg

and here are just some of the assignments available:-

8888710.jpg

With keys assigned here it should be possible to get most hardware working with it?

Definitely not a 'mouse clicker' aircraft in my experience (because I agree with you, and don't like aircraft - like Captain Sim - that rely entirely on mouseclicks).

Thanks.  Yeah, I saw that.  To be honest, I was a little stunned that any company that spent that much time developing a beautiful airplane would go with that idea.  I messed around with it but really disliked it...if they'd have just stuck with standard FSX commands, FSX offsets or provided LUA variables, hardware programming might take a few hours and you'd be digging into the aircraft systems and flying.  I have about 25 different airplanes (PMDG, RealAir, Carenado, A2A, Milviz, Flight1, Majestic) and, except for the occasional command, they all work with either LINDA or FSUIPC scripts, many of which I wrote myself or modded.  Anyway...their choice, I guess. 

Back on topic, there are a lot of people that really love this aircraft and have it working the way they like it.  If the hardware interface doesn't put you off then I don't see any reason why you wouldn't be happy with it.  It is sleek, flies dreamily and the systems are so well done.  They're also developing some new aircraft that look stunning...much nicer VCs...but you'll gain valuable experience with this aircraft while you wait.  The hardware interface will probably be similar in the new birds.

Gregg

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

I feel it important that I step in for a brief statement regarding this addon and LINDA/LUA support.

First and foremost, the key entries in the .ini file are user definable. So you can select the key combinations that you desire with them. Second, LINDA supports custom keypress definitions so it is indeed possible to configure the Citation X addon to function via LINDA and any desired hardware.

One other comment... the Citation X v2 came out late 2009... LINDA came out in 2011 I believe.

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

It is a pretty nice bird. It's a little dated, but still very nice. To date I believe it's still the nicest bizjet you can get for FS. 

Make sure you read the documentation for setting up the throttles/FADEC.

What Ed said...

User hardware custom configurations are just that, user custom configurations, so users must make things work to their own specs. B)

Not something we can or will do for others.

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

Good systems representation, LNAV/VNAV with navigraph compatible FMS. Very fast! Interior definitely showing it's age... Still the most systems complete bizjet out there.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |