Sign in to follow this  
m_alizd

Performance: PMDG 737NGX on Notebook i7-4500U with GT740M graphics

Hi everyone,

I'm thinking to buy and install PMDG 737NGX on FSX, if I find out it's performance is going to be satisfactory without any stuttering of issues.

I'm runnng FSX on my new laptop HP Pavilion with following specification:

CPU:   intel Core i7-4500U @ 1.80 GHz   2.4 GHz

RAM: 8GB

Graphic:  GeForce 740M

details:  Graphics clock      980 MHz

CUDA cores:         384

Memory data rate: 1800MHz

Memory interface:  64-bit

Memory bandwidth:  14.40 GB/s

Available G. Mem:    4096 MB

System video Memory:  0 MB

Dedicated Video Mem: 2048MB

HDD:           750GB, TOSHIBA MQ01ABD075

, 5400 RPM 8MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s

I have also Saitek Yoke and throtle accessories.

I compared this graphic card to Minimum requirements  specified in PMDG website and it's a little bit unclear if GT740M is better or worse than that.

I know settings and configurations naky make some difference, so I'm assuming installing in best possible configuration.

Q1. Will PMDG work smoothly and satisfactorily in above setting?

Q2. If not, are there any small upgrades that can help to get to that point? (e.g. upgrading RAM to 16GB, etc)

I can provide any other info if needed, let me know.

I wanna make sure I'm not throwing my money away by buying PMDG only to find out it does not work without problem.

Has anyone using similar platform or technical knowledge and would like to share?

I'd appreciate any thoughts and comments.

Thanks

Matt

Well, if you turn down every slider and stay away from anti-aliasing, then you might have a change. But if I were you, I wouldn't expect much. People with -600 or 700 Nvidia graphics card series and CPU overclocked to 4,2 ghz and above, still face PFS problems when using the NGX, add ons airports and other complex scenery. 

38.jpg

Brynjar Mauseth 

Thanks Fi5KuS,

Well how is the situation with other (than 737NGX) PMDGs. Would they be smooth?

Cheers

Matt

I would think it would be fairly decent for stock FSX. And likely usable for the NGX as long

as the scenery/cloud/traffic, etc settings aren't too high.  My puter is no real powerhouse, and

I run the NGX good enough to fly fairly smoothly, but I keep the settings rolled back a bit

when running that plane. Also, I'm not running much in the way of fancy 3rd party airport scenery

which helps a good bit.

Thanks Fi5KuS,

Well how is the situation with other (than 737NGX) PMDGs. Would they be smooth?

Cheers

Matt

The majestic dash q400 and airbus x extended are not that graphics heavy as the PMDG NGX for instance, so you could check out that.

38.jpg

Brynjar Mauseth 

Check out ASUS gaming laptops, i have ROG g750jw, came out a year ago and works pretty good. FPS are around 20s in PMDG aircraft at addon airports, in cruise stays at stable 27-30 fps, of course in heavy REX and ASN weather it is a slide show :P

Ivan Majetic

MAXIMUS XII HERO, i9 10900k, NZXT KRAKEN Z73, GIGABYTE RTX 3080 v2 OC, G.SKILL TridentZ DDR4 32 Gb, WD HDD 2TB, SAMSUNG 980PRO, SAMSUNG 970EVO Plus 2x, ASUS PG348Q