Sign in to follow this  
RTK1972

P3D 2.4 Hardware Tesselation

Gents,

i need your thoughts concerning hardware tess..

When selecting it i get about 100% cpu and 15% gpu usage

When deselecting i nearly get the same.

The only thing that changes is VAS.

In the situation i test i get with hardware tss 1.1 GByte VAS left and without hardware tess. i get about 1.4 left.

I really wonder why my 970GTX is only at 15% and why hardawrae tess. seems to make things even worse (concerning VAS usage)

Appreciate your thoughts on this,

Carsten

Carsten U

That's odd ... tessellation is a hardware accelerated feature and really shouldn't be consuming more VAS ... let me do a quick check and get back to you.

Cheers, Rob.

update:

i backed up P3D and now installed a clean 2.2 version. now GPU usage is at 30% average.

Will test and post  what happens when upgrading to 2.3 and 2.4

Carsten U

Sorry, didn't get to test Tess VAS usage yet ... I was doing the highly recommended Samsung SSD 840 EVO "performance update" (firmware update along with drive/file refresh) on 3 of my 1TB SSDs, taking forever ... still running right now (on the last drive).

Will do this weekend, but I'd be surprised if Tess is causing significant extra VAS usage.

Cheers, Rob.

Sorry, didn't get to test Tess VAS usage yet ... I was doing the highly recommended Samsung SSD 840 EVO "performance update" (firmware update along with drive/file refresh) on 3 of my 1TB SSDs, taking forever ... still running right now (on the last drive).

Will do this weekend, but I'd be surprised if Tess is causing significant extra VAS usage.

Cheers, Rob.

no problem Rob. Thanks for coming back to me and have fun with the performance update :-)

Best, Carsten

Carsten U