Sign in to follow this  
av8tor98

Poor Performance V1.2 FSX

Hi,

I have been using this software since it was first released and have had no issues with performance while using

Steve's DX10 fixer. However, after updating the software to 1.2 via the PrecipitFX interface, I have noticed

significant performance impact. I keep FSX locked at 35 and see a drop to 18 FPS once the effects

take place in the sim.....on the ground and in air. If I use a 4 engine aircraft and the contrails develop,

frame rates stay at a horrible 18 FPS with no deviation from 18 FPS. Yes, I did run Steve's scenery fixer after the update. Deselecting the

PrecipitFX effects brought the sim back to solid 35 FPS in all regimes of flight.

Should I uninstall PrecipitFX and start all over?

Thanks,

Joe

Hi,

I have been using this software since it was first released and have had no issues with performance while using

Steve's DX10 fixer. However, after updating the software to 1.2 via the PrecipitFX interface, I have noticed

significant performance impact. I keep FSX locked at 35 and see a drop to 18 FPS once the effects

take place in the sim.....on the ground and in air. If I use a 4 engine aircraft and the contrails develop,

frame rates stay at a horrible 18 FPS with no deviation from 18 FPS. Yes, I did run Steve's scenery fixer after the update. Deselecting the

PrecipitFX effects brought the sim back to solid 35 FPS in all regimes of flight.

Should I uninstall PrecipitFX and start all over?

Thanks,

Joe

Hi Joe,

V1.2 of PrecipitFX did not bring any modifications to FSX effects, only P3D support.

Maybe a re-install of PrecipitFX could solve the problem but I highly doubt it.

Let me know the results of doing so!

Keven

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42

Hi Joe,

V1.2 of PrecipitFX did not bring any modifications to FSX effects, only P3D support.

Maybe a re-install of PrecipitFX could solve the problem but I highly doubt it.

Let me know the results of doing so!

Keven

Thanks for the quick response, Keven. I was aware that 1.2 was mainly for P3D and that is why I was taken aback by the sudden performance impact on FSX. I will uninstall the software this evening and re-install it. I will let you know the results.

Keven, for some odd reason the effects are creating horrible performance mostly with 4 engine aircraft....contrails to be precise. I uninstalled and re-installed the effects and still have the performance issues. I suppose I won't use contrails when flying 4 engine aircraft. 2 engine aircraft contrails don't hit the performance nearly as much. Steve's Fixer doesn't help the 4 engine contrails one bit.

Hi dudes,

i have made the same experience with contrails. There is a huge drop in performance when contrails build up. Especially when there is some AI traffic around or when you extend the time interval of contrails showing.

I had similar problems with cooling tower smoke of the FSX PowerProject. The trick there was to exclude the smoke effects of conversion to DX10 via the DX10 fixer .ini-file. But i have not tried the same procedure with the contrails effects. Perhaps i have some time during Christmas to do some testing on this.

Excluding all particle effects in the fixer might also help, but then you won't see engine smoke and wheel spray effects in most of the viewing angles, so for me that's no solution.

Matthias from good old Germany :)

Hi dudes,

i have made the same experience with contrails. There is a huge drop in performance when contrails build up. Especially when there is some AI traffic around or when you extend the time interval of contrails showing.

I had similar problems with cooling tower smoke of the FSX PowerProject. The trick there was to exclude the smoke effects of conversion to DX10 via the DX10 fixer .ini-file. But i have not tried the same procedure with the contrails effects. Perhaps i have some time during Christmas to do some testing on this.

Excluding all particle effects in the fixer might also help, but then you won't see engine smoke and wheel spray effects in most of the viewing angles, so for me that's no solution.

Matthias from good old Germany :)

Excluding all particle effects doesn't work in my case. I have tried that before to no avail..... If using a 4 engine jet, frame rates will suffer greatly. 2 engine jets not much of a problem.

As i said before, excluding all particle effects is no Option for me, either. Perhaps excluding contrail conversion via .ini-file will do it, but i can't try out this Weekend.

Matthias

P.S.: I hate writing in english with german Auto correction :mad: So please apologize capital letters in the middle of sentence.