Sign in to follow this  
dutchman2

B747-400 vs MD-11 PC Requirements

My current system is an Intel E8500 Processor and a GTX650Ti Boost video card.  No overclocking yet but that is planned. FS9 user.

I currently have the B747-400 and it seems to run pretty well on my system.  FPS limits set @ 25 and with some add on scenery and mid level traffic, I still seem to hold 23-24.

I am thinking about getting the MD-11 and was wondering if anyone has both and can offer any comments about the system performance (FPS) with it versus the 747.

Any input would be appreciated.

DM2

klax

I recall that the MD-11 actually performed better on my system than the B744. The minimum and recommend system specs that PMDG provides on their product pages are good guides.  The MD-11 introduced me to virtural cockpit, which I now prefer, and it was my first beta so I am very fond of her.

Dan Downs KCRP

I am thinking about getting the MD-11 and was wondering if anyone has both and can offer any comments about the system performance (FPS) with it versus the 747.

From what I remember of running them in FSX, they were comparable, performance-wise.

Granted, you're using FS9, but I'd imagine that, performance-wise, comparable performance in one sim would have similar comparable performance in another.

I'd wait until someone who has used both in FS9 to comment, but I figured I'd at least shed a little light on it.

Kyle Rodgers

Sorry, should have mentioned I was in both FS9&10 at the time.... shouldn't be a problem.

Dan Downs KCRP