Sign in to follow this  
lennie

Squiggly cursor

Hello Everyone

My son downloaded the PMDG 747 several months ago when he was down here in NC from Philly and left me, a computer amateur, to try to figure it out. I actually have not flown it, due to a couple of things. You know when something is trying to load, the cursor jiggles with a little circle. Well it does it all the time when i have the 747 running - never stops. Makes it difficult to program the FMS. Another problem is that I cannot get to the overhead panel with the panel switcher - its just not there. Makes flying difficult.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Lennie Gamage

Henderson NC

Sure, we bought it from the PMDG website. Thanks

Lennie Gamage

I would try a reinstall.

uninstall first, remove any left over folders, then run a registry cleaner. Reinstall by right clicking the installer and selecting run as administrator. Do th e reinstall with your AV off.

Peter Schluter

I had this problem in FS9.

1. Always load your flight using the default cessna.

2. Make sure you are in 2d Panel mode and using a single screen initially (if you have more than one screen that is)

3. Remove the 2d panel by hitting W twice.

4. Then select the 747 from the aircraft menu.

5. Once loaded remove the 2d panel if present using the W key.

6. Then switch to the Virtual cockpit and all should be ok.

7. If you load any of the 2d subpanels it may cause a problem with the mouse again.

Hope this helps

Rgds, John 

John, while I am sure the OP will appreciate the advice to get the 747 flying using the VC, this does not get to the root of his problem.

He does not say if he is using FSX or FS9.1 (or what OS he is using) , but I use the 747 with FS9.1 on windows7 64 bit and have no problems loading it or using any of the panels/FMC.

Peter Schluter

Hi Peter,

Not sure if he is using more than 1 screen. If I load it up in one screen everything works but as far as I know the cursur problem and  2d panel crash is down to the resolution you are using. For example my 3 screen resolution is 5760 x 1080 and the PMDG 747 seemingly cant handle that which is why I use the workaround I mentioned.

PS. The iFly 747-400 does not have these problems. Only downside is the FPS in the VC is not as high as I would like. Time to get a new computer !

All the best, John

About the panel switcher not being there; do you have the 3D cockpit or the 2D? It should (be default) be there in the 2D cockpit. You can switch with a right-click, then in the popup menu under "Cockpit" there should be "Virtual Cockpit" (the 3D one) and "2D Cockpit".

Bert Laverman

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg