Sign in to follow this  
gonzas144

Not a customer (yet) - Effects questions

Hi.

I like your new Immersion package, looks astonishing, but the main reason I didn't purchased it yet is because I really don't know how many of these effects will really bring Immersion to my cockpit. 

Does the 3D lighting reflect fog if you are inside the VC?. Or it only works in external view?.

Are you planning to add Rain/Snow effects, Hail effects, inside the cockpit?

What about sounds, I would really love to have a better sound environment from inside the cockpit.

As I'm not a video editor, 99% of my simming time is spent from inside the cabin, so I don't think this is for me unless there are more effects to come.

Thanks.

Hi Gonzalo!

First of all, thanks a lot for your interest into our products. 

It is true that 777 Immersion offers more effects when pilots look at the airplane from the outside.

However, you can see the landing lights volumetric lighting from the cockpit when the visibility is low enough. It gives a certain immersion that we believe is interesting for flight deck pilots. I have done multiple approaches during low visibility, and you can feel the density of fog in front of you with the landing lights.

Moreover, if you are the kind of pilots who do their walk-arounds, then 777 Immersion offers an interesting effect where you can see water droplets falling from the different parts of the airplane (wings, engines, and fuselage)

I would also suggest PrecipitFX. The rain and snow textures we created can be seen from the flight deck, and we have receive numerous positive feedback from the realism of it all. We are certain you would love them too, and it is certainly worth taking a look at.

Cheers,

Keven

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42

hi keven.  i bought this product but im not able to see these effects.   engine blast,  wind condensasion,  wheel spray, reverser spray.  is there some other download that i need.    i think i read some where that a FUCIP is required to see these effects (  my abriviation might be wrong )

hi keven.  i bought this product but im not able to see these effects.   engine blast,  wind condensasion,  wheel spray, reverser spray.  is there some other download that i need.    i think i read some where that a FUCIP is required to see these effects (  my abriviation might be wrong )

Hi,

777 Immersion indeed requires FSUIPC, you can find it for free here

Engine blast, wheels spray and reversers do not rely on FSUIPC and should work even without it.

Do you have ActiveSky installed and do you use it to control the weather in your sim?

Thanks

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42

i use R.E.X as my weather engine

well i've bought the product since arround 2pm today and has been trying to get this to work.   i just got the condensation to show over the wing.   no engine blast   no wheel spray and no reverser spray neither and i have both the precipit X and 777 immersion installed    wow.    no add on shoud be this deficult to get right and im still at it.    its now 11 pm for gods sake

i still have no 3D lights.   really what the hecck do i need to do.  seriously????

i use R.E.X as my weather engine

well i've bought the product since arround 2pm today and has been trying to get this to work.   i just got the condensation to show over the wing.   no engine blast   no wheel spray and no reverser spray neither and i have both the precipit X and 777 immersion installed    wow.    no add on shoud be this deficult to get right and im still at it.    its now 11 pm for gods sake

i still have no 3D lights.   really what the hecck do i need to do.  seriously????

All needed information is in the manual supplied with the product.

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42