Sign in to follow this  
ricka47

P3D Beautiful

I haven't flown in about six months due to a lot of "stuff" going on.  But, this week, I updated to 2.4, got all the REX and ORBX updates and did some flying.  I had almost forgotten how nice looking this sim is now.   I made a flight at dawn and the way the sun came into the cockpit and made shadows was very realistic.  Yes, this is about flying.  But, what we see in the cockpit and out the windows add to the impressiveness and P3D is indeed a very "pretty" sim at this point and will get even better!

Rick Abshier

5900X | RTX3080 | 32 GB@3600 | India Pale Ale

Hi Rick, I agree, it is getting better. Still much work to be done but nonetheless it certainly is moving forward.

Bob

Throw in the cloud fix and Rex update this week...and the "V" key wearing out faster than it should ^_^

Let the wife have a fly around ORBX NCal KSFO in a 737...   Then KSEA and Mt Rainier/St Helens...  I think she got hooked...   She was amazed at the details and she had a blast!    lol...

Throw in the cloud fix and Rex update this week...and the "V" key wearing out faster than it should ^_^

You mention cloud fix can you explain more about what has been fixed - the textures themselves or the way they are reflected on surfaces ? thanks

Rich Sennett

You mention cloud fix can you explain more about what has been fixed - the textures themselves or the way they are reflected on surfaces ? thanks

I think its related to the pinned topic on top here regarding vertical clouds.

Michael Moe

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

G´day Rich,

Rob came up with a fix for the spinning and vertical clouds. Actually it solved both bugs but brought up another one. The clouds will now go out of your flight path if you try to fly through. So you must choose between spinning na vertical clouds and have the immersion to fly through clouds or fixed but spreading away as you approach them.

As usual backup your original, flush the shader cache apply the fix and hit it.

Greetz

MJ

My youtube blog________________________Prepar3D v2.5/v3

youtubefooter.jpg

Michael Moe

G´day Rich,

Rob came up

Thanks Guys so not a texture upgrade - thanks

Rich Sennett

Michael Moe

Yup - that's what I was referring to gents (no texture update).