Sign in to follow this  
darkpino

Altitude override MCP

Hi guys,

I bought the 777 as an early Christmas present for myself. It took some time as I'm not a long hauler but I did it :)

Yesterday I was using it for a third time, and when putting the altitude on the MCP down for descent I accidently pulled out the altitude knob. Maybe even twice (not to self: only use mouse wheel from now on).

Ofcourse the altitudes on the FMC now we're 1900 feet and my complete descent path was gone. Now I was wondering if anyone knows how to cancel this and get back to the original descent path again? I'm currently reading the manual but as you guys know it's a lot of pages and it takes some time, so I hoped for a little shortcut here :)

Thanks in advance.

Martijn Joon

Now I was wondering if anyone knows how to cancel this and get back to the original descent path again?

Reload the STAR. Line select the next fix in front of you on the LEGS page. EXEC.

That should do it, but that's all off the top of my head and not something I'm testing in the sim.

Kyle Rodgers