Sign in to follow this  
HoratioWondersocks

What is Steam.

What if you buy new hardware? Can you reinstall what you have payed for? If so, I'm in.

?

ZORAN

What if you buy new hardware? Can you reinstall what you have payed for? If so, I'm in.

You can download the games as often as you want to. There is no limitation of installations. The games are connected to your steam-account, not to your PC. 

Philipp Schwaegerl

Its the ability for you to install your games with a single sign on on any PC world wide. The account is yours, your games, are attached to this account. It has a messaging service that works in game so you can message whilst in game without having to have another window like skype, you can see what your friends are playing and click to join them, its forums forums forums for anything and everything, its a central gaming all under one roof hub created soley for YOU the end user. Its intelligent, it works and as an end user I do not know of another system that works as well as steam.

I once had steam installed, with my account logged in at the PC Repair shop I worked at years ago and we spent our lunchtimes playing games because we could. So long as you are logged on only once you wont trip any security, and even if you do accidentally sign on twice all that happens is it tells you this via message and logs you out the other machine.

As a gamer its bloody brilliant!

As a simmer its bloody brilliant!

Lewis - A2A Simulations

The Steam platform app that needs to run besides every game eats 100mb extra memory.

It's pretty useless to some. And the majority loves it.

But these servers will eventually be gone one day. So owning a wide library of games is risky on the steam platform.

Oh noes, 100MB... That's about 1% of my total memory.

How about you check the current memory usage of your browser when you make this post?

Go on

Oh noes, 100MB... That's about 1% of my total memory.

How about you check the current memory usage of your browser when you make this post?

Go on

:im Not Worthy:

Lewis - A2A Simulations

Absolutely, in fact, if you buy a new computer now you can install all your steam bought software on your new computer AND your old at the same time, completely free of charge. You can only run software on one of the machines at the same time tho. There are no downloading fees like some sim addon developers are charging, none of that unethical business practice. It's a great piece of software really. 

vatsim s3

1133704.png

You've made my day.  :lol: 

Thanks, IAN!

Another LOL.

Steam has no benefit for any serious flight simmers. I actually thought it was spyware and removed it from my PC years ago.

You can even just copy the Steam library folder from one hard drive to another, or another PC, and then run the Steam client again. No need to redownload everything again if you don't need to.

Another LOL.

Steam has no benefit for any serious flight simmers. I actually thought it was spyware and removed it from my PC years ago.

Flight simmers have to go through lots of extra steps when re-installing FSX.. With steam, that becomes a whole lot easier!

188 Games in the SteamLibrary, sometimes I scan thru and don't remember buying a game. Just added 4 more games this Holiday Sale.

188 Games in the SteamLibrary, sometimes I scan thru and don't remember buying a game. Just added 4 more games this Holiday Sale.

188 wow, ive got 28,  i thought that was loads.  Yes picked up Euro Trucker for 3 Euro!!

Steam for me is simplicity at its best,   once you click into your games library it will automatically detect any game updates and install them, how cool is that!  You never lose anything. 

188 wow, ive got 28,  i thought that was loads.  Yes picked up Euro Trucker for 3 Euro!!

Steam for me is simplicity at its best,   once you click into your games library it will automatically detect any game updates and install them, how cool is that!  You never lose anything. 

I've been using Steam since it's birth of only Valve games. Not a hardcore gamer and my Steam Level is low, don't collect trading cards, etc. I just enjoy having all my games updated in one place and easily transferable.