Hi,

trying to install the switch panel on new PC.  Used the installation CD that came with it, and have the correct entry in the exe.xml. When that didn't work, I installed the latest software from Saitek.  Still nothing. If I try to start the SaiPanels.exe manually, I get the message "the application has failed to start because it's side-by-side configuration is incorrect."  Side-by-side with what ?.   It worked fine on my previous PC.   When you download the software, it asks if operating system is 32 or 64 bit.  I choose 64 bit, but notice that, whichever you choose, you get the same   Saitek_Pro_Flight_Panels_7_0_34_109  which is 32 bit.   Would'nt think that's a problem as my previous PC was 64 bit.   Anyone have a clue as to what I'm doing wrong ?

/Russell.

For panels, dont run anything from Saitek. If you already get it working properly, functionality is very limited.

For Saitek Panels, use SPAD. It's a replacement driver with a lot more functionality than the Saitek software. Here's a link:

http://fstools.weebly.com/download.html

Cheers!

Maarten

Thanks Maarten ...you're a star.   That's worked perfectly.  Many thanks, very much appreciated.

/Russell.