Sign in to follow this  
willmit

fs2crew button control

I have installed this on for Airbus Extended and unless I have installed it incorrectly this software is not good i.e not intuitive, manual not good and I feel very disappointed with this purchase, Has anyone else had this feeling - waste of money??

Have you worked through the included tutorial? Some people find FS2Crew's learning curve a bit steep but it's a good piece of software.

ckyliu, proud supporter of ViaIntercity.com. i5 12400F, 32GB, GTX980, more in "About me" on my profile. 

support1.jpg

Also purchased it today (and missed the 25% discount listed in the forum, first bummer :huh:) and so far I'm also kind of mystified how the button version is actually intended to work. For starters, the only PDF it has installed in my case is FS2Crew Airbus X Button Control Manual.pdf, it says:

A FULL PDF TUTORIAL AND MANUAL IS AVAILABLE IN THIS FOLDER:
Microsoft Flight Simulator X\FS2Crew2010\Versions\AerosoftAirbusX\Docs

Is it referring to itself or some other document (which I can't find)?

In particular what I haven't figured out yet is the "control interface" of the app, i.e. I think the manual says here's the primary button, here's the 2ndary button but I'm still wondering as to when I'm supposed to use the main and when the 2ndary - in conjunction with the colors and left right display. I'm sure I'll figure that out eventually, but to me, the above mentioned manual really reads more like a reference manual and less like a tutorial.

The supposedly tutorial-like part "the Airbus Captain's Flow document" for instance doesn't say anything about who does what and how it's actually done... Again, a bit of guessing (or maybe a lot of back and forth in the document) seems to be required.

Just my 2 cents... and yes, I know, writing these kind of manuals is difficult for anyone who's already familiar with a piece of software... been there, done that ;-)

The main thing you need to follow is the Captain's flow since you are the Capt/PF:

http://www.support.fs2crew.com/help/manuals/#pageid=captain___pilot_flying

Button Control is generally quite simple.  99 percent of the time you'll be using the Main Button.

All you basically do is press the Main Button and progress in a linear way through the simulation.

Keep the Main Panel open so you can easily see what comes next.

If you have any specific questions, just post them  here.

Also go to YouTube... there are several videos show it in action.  Most are Voice Control but the procedures are basically the same.

Button Control is generally quite simple. 99 percent of the time you'll be using the Main Button.

Yep, I got that now... What I'm still unsure about (and which is very hard if not impossible to pick out of videos) is what the FO actually does or doesn't do. I've had a bunch of ooops situations during last night's flight when I thought the FO would set something but actually didn't. (no, I don't have the entire procedure steps in my mind just yet ;-).

Also, sometimes it wasn't clear whether a 2ndary button or a primary button action would come first. A more detailed walk-through in the manual part you referenced wouldn't hurt here...

At any rate, eventually, I'll surely pick it up. All we were trying to say here is that the current manual (I wouldn't quite call it a tutorial) has some room for improvement which would eliminate some of the apparent frustration of new users in early days.

What the FO does is listed here, along with the trigger points:

http://www.support.fs2crew.com/help/manuals/#pageid=first_officer___pilot_not_flying_flows3

There are only limited times you would use the Secondary Button.

Was there a specific item (text displayed in the Secondary Window) you had a question about?

Best,

What the FO does is listed here, along with the trigger points

Yes, I saw that, and I also think I saw somewhere something where this was synchronized with the captain flow? Anyway, I think during the 3rd flight with FS2Crew it sort of made click in my mind so I'm fine now. The only things that's bothering me know is the partial overlap of too many voices (ATC, FO, cabin crew at times). But that's something for a separate topic.