Sign in to follow this  
alpilotx

HD Mesh Scenery v3 for X-Plane 10 released

Oh ... and just to remind you: there are still 3 mirror sites serving you all files via direct download too! So, if you have problems with one torrent, you can still try that via direct download (I just recommend torrent, because it saves those sites from sudden death B)  ... just like last year, when flightsim.com completely drowned)

Will keep an eye on fspilotshop to see when its available on DVD's as my 512k connection will NEVER download this ha! :(

Thanks very much for the updates, Andras. Glad to read that you nixed the historical railroad issue - that sure cleans up a lot of the scenery I fly around.

Torrenting various and sundry tiles.... I fetched some of the tiny areas first to be a good seeding sport, and now I'm moving on to various areas of personal interest. It will take a while I'm sure, but I hope everyone abides by the gentleman's agreement in the torrent world and seed, seed, seed!

(I'm thinking the seeds on several "popular" tiles are overwhelmed at the moment, as my system hasn't yet found any peers for them... just need to let the system sit tight I guess.)

-Greg

Will keep an eye on fspilotshop to see when its available on DVD's as my 512k connection will NEVER download this ha! :(

I sent them a mail asking if and when they would / could do that.

Will let you know (likely on my website) when I have a response from them!

Heh - I think we're crashing the flightsim servers again...

From my uTorrent client tracker information...

http://torus.flightsim.com:9000/announce

No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it.

Indeed, my 100% seeds have all stopped uploading.

(Boom goes the server. Maybe?)

Editing to add: Back to normal. Must have been a blip.

It is working fine. Tracker is ok.

But the down speed is not looking consistent atm but should get better when people with high speed connections finish downloading and keep seeding.

Gonna leave the download for the whole night and tomorrow to Vancouver.

Ryzen 5 1600x - 16GB DDR4 - RTX 3050 8GB - MSI Gaming Plus

Flightsim.com is not the only one seeding ... Chris_K from ISDG has some servers up and seeding too (on a fat broadband connection). But in the beginning there are - quite likely - statistically much more "want" packets than "give" packets ...  and this imbalance makes the first hours / days a bit frustrating.

But in the beginning there are - quite likely - statistically much more "want" packets than "give" packets ...  and this imbalance makes the first hours / days a bit frustrating.

Exactly. First there have to be some people that have downloaded some content till you will see a significant download speed since the upload speeds are in many cases only a frction of the download speed and the download clients have to play nice since the computer must be always useable.

But in the beginning there are - quite likely - statistically much more "want" packets than "give" packets ... and this imbalance makes the first hours / days a bit frustrating.

Ooooh, I'm familiar with that all right - in my case, however, it looked more like the tracker itself was borked. She wasn't responding for a while, and even going so far as to actively reject connections. Alas, the tracker is up and happy and I am too.

Cheers,

-Greg

Ooooh, I'm familiar with that all right - in my case, however, it looked more like the tracker itself was borked. She wasn't responding for a while, and even going so far as to actively reject connections. Alas, the tracker is up and happy and I am too.

We live in a chaotic world, full of surprises and unexpected events  :lol:  ... thus: everything can happen (so yes, maybe it was really dead or down or who knows what).

She wasn't responding for a while, and even going so far as to actively reject connections.

Sounds like someone I know...

Thanks so much for all your work Andras. I'll be seeding as much as possible over the next few days and will just work my way through all packages. Interestingly no-one seems interested in taking the Australia packages from me so far...

Edit: Oooh, I have a taker!!

Sorry, it's been a while since I've fired up my torrenter. Bit excited...

i910900k, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4 RAM, AW3423DW, Ruddy girt big mug of Yorkshire Tea

My computer just finished downloading the last file.  I will let it seed all week.

Thanks, Alpilotx.   Awesome work!   

Rob