Sign in to follow this  
alpilotx

HD Mesh Scenery v3 for X-Plane 10 released

Think the guess is right.

Have snow over them hmmmm that's possible only when LR wants to.

God ... always this "when LR wants"  :rolleyes:  ... No guys, the scenery (Global Scenery or HD Mesh ... in this respect they are identical) has much more to do with "science" than you might imagine. It relies mostly on the different input data sources about landclass and climate. In most regions - in the meantime - we can rely on information about perpetual snow or ice (that is the white stuff, which usually remains - in a statistical sense - over the entire year) as two types of landclass (which we make usually white - with lots of additional considerations)  ... Additionally, we also interpret high resolution climate data (annual precipitation + annual mean temperature), and make very cold (+ moist) regions white from a given threshold on (which we decided experimentally - ok, this is maybe the only "LR" part).

In summary, we usually call the default scenery representation / texturing as a representation of "early/mid summer" in the real world. And this is usually a time, where - for example - in the Alps the snow retreats rapidly (of course, in real life this varies year-by-year) ... the indeed many - even higher - mountains become snow free (and I can assure you, that at least in the Alps I know what I am talking about, as I have hiked there already quite a lot).

The other "phenomenon" which remains white are glaciers ... and to some extent we have them represented quite well too already (I have imported data from real world glacier databases) :

(the Aletsch Glacier in Switzerland)

Typhoon_17.jpg

I think Switzerland

OpaN.jpg

Nah I meant the seasons from LR. :)

Now we need Trees V3 :)

Ryzen 5 1600x - 16GB DDR4 - RTX 3050 8GB - MSI Gaming Plus

Port Alberni BC

o8c2p.jpg

UzKbe.jpg

Well Andras, I have to say you have done a top notch job. I took 2 Airbus flights over Eastern Canada yesterday and was really impressed by the detail of the landscape. Just wonderful.  :im Not Worthy:

Now all we need is for LR to sort out the visibility and it will look even better!

Well Andras, I have to say you have done a top notch job. I took 2 Airbus flights over Eastern Canada yesterday and was really impressed by the detail of the landscape. Just wonderful.  :im Not Worthy:

Now all we need is for LR to sort out the visibility and it will look even better!

I totally agree. Canada is brilliant.

LOL i don't even know what that visibilty thing is that all are talking about. 

LOL i don't even know what that visibilty thing is that all are talking about. 

This:

And these were my thoughts on the implications it will bring (namely, even more RAM hunger):

I'd forgotten about this blog entry, it seems so long ago.

When you look at the 64-bit image on the right, it really shows how things will look once it is (hopefully) implemented.

I hope Ben has had the time to look at the "wall of fog" weather visibility issue too.

Thanks for getting the DVDs set up, Andras.  Those of us with low bandwidth are very pleased, and it gives FSPilotshop some deserved thanks!

Thanks for getting the DVDs set up, Andras.  Those of us with low bandwidth are very pleased, and it gives FSPilotshop some deserved thanks!

Oh, don't worry ... there was not much work involved on my side B) Fspilotshop.com did this all on its own (just like with v2). We only did coordinate a few things, but most of the work was theirs.

DVDs purchased and dispatched. Can't wait. Thank you Andras for all your wonderful work on this. So much appreciated.

cheers

Peter

I present to you the Canadian West Coast

10903910_10205876043685830_4614067465483

10499599_10205876041885785_7131726746991

https://fsprocedures.com Your home for all flight simulator related checklist.

Hi Guys

Been collecting some of my favourite areas of this great scenery and my thanks to the creator.

But on the grid map I can't find the block for New Zealand.  Can someone give me  a tip on this?

Thanks in advance....