Sign in to follow this  
Ebs

FSX Steam Released! (80% off sale?)

I really have no intention of using FSX again unless PMDG take too long to port the NGX over to P3D but I bought FSX SE anyway...I mean for 5 bucks?  I'll spend more on beer tonight for the unlikely chance that Dovetail creates some spectacular addons that are solely for FSX SE.

Ryan

One hour ago I was sure I wouldn't buy it.

That was before I saw the pricetag...

Lewis from A2A made a post in their forums:

" From testing by some beta testers all works ok just remember to point the installer to the correct place as the steam version has a new directory.

Thanks,
Lewis
"

http://a2asimulations.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=44056

How do you buy a copy to store for later? Seems like all my Steam purchases starting downloading & installing immediately after payment.

When you buy the game it will give the option to install immediately, or wait for later. If you don't install right away, you can install it through your Steam library section.

One hour ago I was sure I wouldn't buy it.

That was before I saw the pricetag...

Lewis from A2A made a post in their forums:

" From testing by some beta testers all works ok just remember to point the installer to the correct place as the steam version has a new directory.

Thanks,

Lewis "

http://a2asimulations.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=44056

good stuff !!

ZORAN

Thanks goates!

System: i7-11700K, ASUS Prime Z590M-PLUS Motherboard, G-Skills Trident Z Series 64 GB DDR4 3200, Corsair RM1000x80 PLUS Gold, Arctic Liquid Freezer ll, GeForce RTX 4070 Super FE, NVIDIA Drivers 546.65, WD Blue NVMe m2  500GB SSD for Windows 10 Home v21H2,  WD Black SN850X 2 TB NVMe m2  for MSFS, Toshiba 2TB HD for data and other games, ViewSonic XG2705-2K  27" 2560x1440 144hz Monitor,  Thrustmaster Airbus flight stick, Logitech M510 wireless Mouse.

Forgot about the community enforced speech code of fluff and assumption before fact, my bad.

Best of luck to all the early adopters, I'll be joining in when I get back home from my work trip to see what all the hubub is about.

Something to consider is if there are enough buyers and users of the SE, addon devs will need to update their installers to jump on the revenue stream. There, is that positive enough for y'all?

CHeers mate....yes I was 80% downloaded just as I had to leave for work. I really wanted to play around and see if my third party stuff would work, but have to wait until I get home now.

From the sounds of it the large majority of Third Party will work so I will try when I get home

Matthew Kane

Hmm so if FSUIPC doesn't work, can someone who has bought the steam version and is on Win8/8.1 verify if the joystick disconnect bug might have been fixed by the recompile and various "fixes" dovetail did?  I.e. fsuipc or similar is no longer needed to calibrate and run the joystick through to keep it connected? 

AMD Ryzen 5950X |  Asus Crosshair VIII Hero | Gigabyte Gaming OC 4090 w/EK waterblock | Full Custom Loop Cooling | GSkill Trident Z Neo 2x16GB DDR4-3600 | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB | Samsung 860 Evo 2TB | Phanteks Enthoo 719 | Seasonic Prime Ultra Gold 1000W | Steelseries M750 TKL | SteelSeries Prime Wireless | Honeycomb Alpha and Bravo | Logitech Pro Flight Pedals | LG 34GN850 | Asus PG279Q | Win 11 Pro

The new FSX.cfg area is: C:\Users\[user name]\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX-SE

It is now called fsx_ce.cfg.

Upon further inspection of the FSX folder in the steamapps, it appears they also put in the SDK. I also see a FSXSEConfig.exe.

I just installed a few Carenado planes into it and it worked great, has that vanilla FSX OMG its so smooth effect. I havent had any luck with it recognizing my MegaScenEarth directory though.

$5, FSX Steam edition or a Beer? I bought the beer! :-)

We've progessed pretty far past with P3D and DX11, but downloaded and keeping this for nostalgia sake... :)

I still see it as a good thing bringing new simmers to the fold.

For the price I will go ahead and purchase but not install.  Was wondering since my existing HD is nearing 80% full would the steam version work ok by purchasing an additional HD or SSD and install Steam FSX on a new HD?

Carl

PC AMD Ryzen R7-5700G (8-Core) processor), AMD Radeon RX 6600 Graphics 8GB/ 2TB HD + 500GB SSD,  16GB DDR4 3200MHz RAM, Win11

_____________________________________________________________________________________