Sign in to follow this  
Ebs

FSX Steam Released! (80% off sale?)

Hello,

I have installed FSX SE on an other new Win 8.1 Boot (multi boot PC) . Installation from Steam , I have started FSX SE and it seams running OK.

My question : where are all the FSX SE folders and files ?

I do not find them on my system..
Thanks in advance

Solved, I found them

Steam\steamapps\common\FSX

Emile EBBR Z590 Aorus Elite, i9-11900K 3.5Ghz Nvidia RTX 3060, 16 GB Mem, SSD 1Tera + other HDDs, Dual Boot . Win11 Pro X64

It won't and will never do as it is not a 64 bit application. When they designed FSX the duo core CPU's were just introduced and not even for the consumer market due to their high price.

The only simulator that does use all system specs is X plane 10

Whether or not an app is 32 or 64 bit doesn't effect whether it utilizes all cores. It's if it's coded multi threaded or not. In fact FSX is a multi threaded application since SP1 If setup right (JobScheduler) it will use all cores to perform certain functions with FSX, Scenery loading being one of them. The only advantage 64 bit gives you is the elimination of the 4GB limit of VAS! Don't get me wrong, that's a significant advantage.

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d

DTG_Admin  [developer] Dec 18 @ 1:46pm 

Not right now. Will there be a future? Yes. Right now however we want to focus on what the Steam Edition is rather than where it's going as those details are still very much in discussion.

- Sam

that means it is not just reselling business as some of you say. It is really an evolution ,so for me it is not 5 bucks discussion but rather "Where fsxse is going". looks those guys do not know either ...

It won't and will never do as it is not a 64 bit application

What does 64bit have to do with utilizing all four cores ?

Watch and listen to Phil taylor (ACES lead) describe FSX's use of mutiple cores, (with graphs)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5wKe3V1l6Dk

It all reminds me of the old Jewish joke/story where the Jewish guy gets approached and offered an Elephant real cheap. The Jewish guy firmly lectures the seller about how silly it would be to buy an elephant ,,what would he do with an elephant ? so the seller says I will give you 2 for the price of one and the buyer says ,now your talking, done deal!

Even though I bought it I Kinda feel like the Jewish guy LOL

Zoran, that buyer, to my mind,...shows he knows how to conduct business! He plays out a cool, detached interest to the initial offering. As soon as the seller said he would give him two...the chap thought...hey...if I really DO find no use for the first...I can then sell the second and recoup my investment, and still have the first elephant to impress the neighbors.  I think this shows an astute buyer.   :rolleyes: Spending 5 bucks to land a full digital copy of the 'Gold' edition....that I can never lose a disc, or have a disc go bad...is to me, no need for that second elephant....only one would be needed to seal the deal..and lead it home.......unless, of course,  I happen by chance to go by a Barnum and Bailey Travelling Circus performing in town,...and who knows...a second 'deal' could be hammered out at ten times the price of the first deal.........  :)))))

Does someone knows if it supports FSUIPC ?

Not yet. But it will - Pete Dowson has confirmed that he just needs to point the FSUIPC.DLL at FSX:SE's new Simconnect version. He's expecting to have a FSX:SE compatible FSUIPC ready by 9th January. :smile:

Short test - Everything maxed except water, shadows on aircraft and autogen on very dense - fps varies between 120 - 200 all the time. Add Aerosoft EDDM - 50% fps, and 737NGX 50% = around 40fps. I guess performance is the same or a bit better, dunno exactly.

Current system: ASUS PRIME Z690-P D4, Intel 12900k, 32GB RAM @ 3600mhz, Zotac RTX 3090 Trinity, M2 SSD, Oculus Quest 2.

Purchased, can't go wrong with $5, and always needed a backup. 

Will be interested to test this with Steam Home Streaming. 

I'm now split between P3D 2.x and FSX:SE

What kind of development pathway do we expect? 

Not very happy that everyone is still sticking to FSX and not migrating to P3D...we have a split user base which doesn't do us wonders in terms of content (especially if a 64 bit version is developed). 

Soarbywire - Avionics Engineering

I'm not migrating to P3D anytime soon because it is much more hardware power demanding, much more GPU dependant. 50% lower fps I get in the same situation as in FSX,unacceptable for me. Only solution is to buy a monster GPU card which is also unacceptable. X-Plane doesn't have bunch of addons I'm using so it's not the solution for me either. So FSX is way to go, and for me it is working perfect and very smooth.

Current system: ASUS PRIME Z690-P D4, Intel 12900k, 32GB RAM @ 3600mhz, Zotac RTX 3090 Trinity, M2 SSD, Oculus Quest 2.

By the time P3D develops a 64bit version, there might be a computer that can run it.

I'm not as excited about this new version of FSX as some of you. Maybe because I have 3 copies of FSX Gold or I'm just waiting to see if this new version of FSX delivers a smooth simulation without micro pauses or autogen pop-up. That would be a strong motivator.

BTW, very entertaining thread. Thx.

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

Not very happy that everyone is still sticking to FSX and not migrating to P3D...we have a split user base which doesn't do us wonders in terms of content (especially if a 64 bit version is developed). 

Those who haven't gone the P3D2 route I'm sure have a good reason.  Mine was owning a ATI graphics card.  I bought a 1 month licence for P3D2 and it ran like an absolute dog on my system, even with very low settings.  SuperSampling AA (which gives me super smooth AA in FSX) also did not work with P3D, so the performance was much worse, and the visuals a horrible jagged mess. Pretty clear reason for me not to go for P3D2 :smile:  .... although I will when I can afford to upgrade my card to a nVidia, in about 20 years.  :lol:

Maybe because I have 3 copies of FSX Gold

Yeppers...with those redundant copies on the shelf...there wouldn't be much sense, in not buying that coffee and doughnut, rather than FSX.SE

I had all these years, only FSX Deluxe...and now am sure glad that I didn't buy the stand-alone (was $30.00) Acceleration pack.  So....SE has saved me 30 by investing 5.  We all know that the SE edition will not be bells 'n whistles ahead of the disc Gold version.  They didn't rewrite code for the engine...but as a very convenient back-up...heck yeah!  

Not very happy that everyone is still sticking to FSX and not migrating to P3D...

My FSX is VERY entertaining, even though I am an Educator!

Funny, Jim! :lol:

Actually, I find this thread very entertaining; my FSX is better than your FSX. :rolleyes: