Sign in to follow this  
Ebs

FSX Steam Released! (80% off sale?)

This means, everybody installing FSX SE on a virgin system, must install the FSX XPACK Simconnect libraries, in order to allow existing FSX Simconnect clients to connect to FSX SE.

I ran the ..\FSX-XPACK\SimConnect.msi and it did install that version to the ..\winsxs folder, but FSUIPC still won't work.

Speaking of the SDK, someone at DTG royally screwed the pooch with that. They left out some of the most important tools, such as...

• XToMDL.exe
  • modeldef.xml file (in fact the entire ..\bin folder is missing)

There may be other things missing, but those are the two I noticed immediately. :unsure:

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

I wonder if Steve's DX10 fixer will work . 

Yes it does....I haven't tried it but ORBX forum was saying it solves issues with their FTX Global Lights

Matthew Kane

Yes it does....I haven't tried it but ORBX forum was saying it solves issues with their FTX Global Lights

Now Im getting excited

ZORAN

That could be misleading. Steam allows even games not purchased through Steam to be loaded into the app. You could add P3d if you wanted to.

Anyway, at that price I bought it, just to see if TacPack works with it. That's all that I use FSX for these days. And now for the ever popular double negative. No reason not to at those prices.

I see. So this is not actually multiplayer server traffic, just people playing online or offline and with some version that Steam is picking up as FSX.

I wonder if Steve's DX10 fixer will work . 

FSX dead? I-dont -think-so  :smile2: 

I'd be interested in knowing. So far I'm going to still run FSX on my desktop along with Prepar3D. FSX:SE is going to be my mobile FSX version since my laptop is san-disk drive. I'll just keep the bare minimum on the FSX:SE install

Yeap, I guess its time to jump on Steam, talk about people getting excited about FSX, nice to see that especially when the steam servers say there is a 1000 people playing FSX at once...

Good sign.. for all

J.

That could be misleading. Steam allows even games not purchased through Steam to be loaded into the app. You could add P3d if you wanted to.

Anyway, at that price I bought it, just to see if TacPack works with it. That's all that I use FSX for these days. And now for the ever popular double negative. No reason not to at those prices.

Steam can launch games from your library if you add them, but this is not FSX that's being tracked. It is FSX-SE or AppID 314160. It is still in the Top Sellers List so it must be selling pretty well.

I think FrooglePete was saying something about the out-of-box experience is better with the Steam Edition...So much to ask about FSX:SE~

I wonder if this version would be a better recommendation for someone curious about getting into FSX versus the boxed copy... For my Dad who likes to fly but not computer savy, this looks to be a easy way for him and I to get up into the air together.

OK, offline is possible, but you have to run STEAM before you can start up FSX SE, correct?

At least once, yes. But after that, you can load the sim using offline mode.

Absolutely false. You cannot "add a non-Steam game" and simply rename it to a Steam game and make that count. The AppIDs are different.

Wow over 1,000 people playing FSX:SE on Steam (1,015 people exactly when I checked). That is cool to see.

https://steamdb.info/app/314160/graphs/

Very cool to see the interest. 1,000 = more people playing FSX: SE than on there are people on VATSIM.

I see. So this is not actually multiplayer server traffic, just people playing online or offline and with some version that Steam is picking up as FSX.

Read my reply above.

Steam can launch games from your library if you add them, but this is not FSX that's being tracked. It is FSX-SE or AppID 314160. It is still in the Top Sellers List so it must be selling pretty well.

I was in the process of saying essentially the same thing. There's a surprising amount of disinformation floating around about now... :Whistle:

Interestingly enough, I note that those who are paying in Russian Rubles are only paying a 'converted price' of $1.44...

https://steamdb.info/app/314160/

...what a deal! :Straight Face:

Fr. Bill    

I was in the process of saying essentially the same thing. There's a surprising amount of disinformation floating around about now... :Whistle:

Interestingly enough, I note that those who are paying in Russian Rubles are only paying a 'converted price' of $1.44...

https://steamdb.info/app/314160/

...what a deal! :Straight Face:

The ruble took a major hit earlier this week is why its that low.

At least once, yes. But after that, you can load the sim using offline mode.

Yes. After loading FSX once, I closed the Steam App entirely. I can launch FSX:SE from the icon on the Desktop.

Fr. Bill    

Also, keep in mind that Valve recently, after the news, disabled cross region trading. So you can't trade with your Russian buddy that can buy you the game for $1 anymore.

Yeah, I heard that on CNN and other news channels.

EDIT: that was smart and quick thinking on Valve's part!

Fr. Bill    

Just noticed they have a website http://www.fsxinsider.com/

Wow, that URL is ridiculously similar to the original www.fsinsider.com, which apparently now redirects to www.fsxinsider.com

Now, what's a little scary is that I can't seem to find ANY of the updates to the original boxed version (SP1 and 2), which www.fsinsider.com used to host.

Edited by linux731