Sign in to follow this  
vonmar

fatal errors

I am testing v6.49 for the first time yesterday and today with Active Sky Next on a workstation PC.

All is good initially.

In FSX I get a fatal error just after lift off (did two test flights re-booted pc between flights same error) ... heading for my first waypoint.

In P3D v2.4 I got the fatal error during taxi on first and only test flight.

Anybody else seeing fatal errors?

Wonder if the Beta testers have ever seen this happen?

Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell - PP-ASEL KDTW

I used to get fatal errors with addon AI traffic (traffic x), it was something to do with some of the military AI (sonic boom or something like that) I modified the file after a google, and it fixed it. Can't remember the mod, give it a google if you have AI traffic addons ?

I use MyTrafficX in FSX but in P3D I only have default AI traffic.

Best Regards,

Sonic boom may be your issue in FSX, keep an eye on which AI traffic Vox spawns for you. If vox spawns a military aircraft, you could expect a fatal error a short time afterwards if not immediately ? Sorry can't help with P3D though ?

FSX Voxatc v6.49 / FSX fatal error departing KDTW for a flight to KCLE (screenshot sequence is in this short video).

P3D v2.4  Voxatc v6.49 fatal error while taxiing out for a KDTW departure to KCLE.

VOXatc-p3d-error-1_zps31d780da.jpg

Best Regards,

I used to get fatal errors with addon AI traffic (traffic x), it was something to do with some of the military AI (sonic boom or something like that) I modified the file after a google, and it fixed it. Can't remember the mod, give it a google if you have AI traffic addons ?

THANK YOU. I removed all military and GA from my Sim Object folder not just the scenery files and haven't had one since. I was having Fatal Errors at FSdreamteam LSZH right after "Line up" instructions or after take off and now no more. Which I think solved it for me. There are still weird AI behavior at certain addon airports but they never cause fatal errors.

Naif Almazroa

My Youtube channel:

https://www.youtube.com/user/Youmou0205

"I used to get fatal errors with addon AI traffic (traffic x)"

Is this (traffic x) a purchased product from Just Flight?

Did you have the errors in all previous versions and current version 6.49 of VOXatc?

did you have errors in FSX and P3D V2.4?

"I removed all military and GA from my Sim Object folder not just the scenery files and haven't had one since. I was having Fatal Errors at FSdreamteam LSZH right after "Line up" instructions or after take off and now no more."

And, my VOXatc errors are in FSX and P3D .. my P3D only has default AI (no purchased AI software).

I get the error without ActiveSky Next running (not in use).

Maybe there are default Military AI .. I never checked (FSX or P3D).

*** But, VOXatc should not be shutting down no matter what Ai are doing.

Best Regards,

THANK YOU. I removed all military and GA from my Sim Object folder not just the scenery files and haven't had one since. I was having Fatal Errors at FSdreamteam LSZH right after "Line up" instructions or after take off and now no more. Which I think solved it for me. There are still weird AI behavior at certain addon airports but they never cause fatal errors.

Most welcome.

"I used to get fatal errors with addon AI traffic (traffic x)"

Is this (traffic x) a purchased product from Just Flight?

Did you have the errors in all previous versions and current version 6.49 of VOXatc?

did you have errors in FSX and P3D V2.4?

"I removed all military and GA from my Sim Object folder not just the scenery files and haven't had one since. I was having Fatal Errors at FSdreamteam LSZH right after "Line up" instructions or after take off and now no more."

And, my VOXatc errors are in FSX and P3D .. my P3D only has default AI (no purchased AI software).

I get the error without ActiveSky Next running (not in use).

Maybe there are default Military AI .. I never checked (FSX or P3D).

*** But, VOXatc should not be shutting down no matter what Ai are doing.

Yes, MyTraffic 2010 (Just Flight), I only own FSX. Apparently, fsx is prone to crash when an aircraft goes supersonic, despite weather you have Vox or not. However, Vox tends to spawn more military AI than usual (settings and location pending), so crashes appear to be more frequent than usual, especially, if you are located at a military specific location. I do not concidor it to be a Vox issue.

FSX Voxatc v6.49 / FSX fatal error departing KDTW for a flight to KCLE (screenshot sequence is in this short video).

P3D v2.4  Voxatc v6.49 fatal error while taxiing out for a KDTW departure to KCLE.VOXatc-p3d-error-1_zps31d780da.jpg

Right click on screen just before fatal error, check AI aircraft for any military aircraft ?

I have MyTrafficX (different developer).

Would you think it would be the same type error?

Also ... I get the error with P3D V2.4 with default AI traffic.

VOXatc .. if it has an error there should be a solution ... my guess.

Best Regards,

I have MyTrafficX (different developer).

Would you think it would be the same type error?

Also ... I get the error with P3D V2.4 with default AI traffic.

VOXatc .. if it has an error there should be a solution ... my guess.

I would think so, check AI prior to fatal error for military A/C ?

Ok,

"I would think so, check AI prior to fatal error for military A/C ?"

How do I do that?

Best Regards,

Ok,

"I would think so, check AI prior to fatal error for military A/C ?"

How do I do that?

Right click on empty part of screen, click on aircraft/AI aircraft, and have a look at the list of aircraft that Vox has spawned for you. Any military aircraft will crash Vox, not just supersonics. Or set Vox Traffic to zero and test ?

Ok,

"Or set Vox Traffic to zero and test"

That would be easiest!

Will do.

Best Regards,

"Right click on empty part of screen, click on aircraft/AI aircraft"

On my setup Rt-Clk then select "Traffic" from the drop down and it only shows if FSX traffic slider is not at zero.

I did another test with zero FSX traffic (as usual) and zero Voxatc traffic for the test (set prior to starting FSX).

I selected a different dep rwy. All normal for ATC and taxi to rwy.

Cleared for takeoff ... told go to 6000 feet.

Takeoff to about 1200 feet and Fatal Error.

Also my autopilot controlls HDG etc locked up and I could not use the "K" key ....

ATC kept asking Could I read them ....

I disabled VOXatc.

Now my autopilot etc was all working again.

Strange stuff!

I took a bunch of screenshots if needed.

Best Regards,

It can't be an A/I traffic issue then. When you reinstalled Vox, did you remove the internal workings files ?