"It can't be an A/I traffic issue then."

Correct.

Or, a sonic boom.

"When you reinstalled Vox, did you remove the internal workings files ?"

No.

Where does it say when should be done?

Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell - PP-ASEL KDTW

Internal workings is the last remenents of Vox after uninstall, it is in two or three locations.

Once deleted, you will need to re-register, and re configer Vox. This has fixed issues with Vox for me in the past. Makes for a clean install. I also remove all voices and voxpop. I do not start voxpop at all, ever. I never have fatal errors, ever.

Good luck

"Internal workings"

Is the main folder for VOXatc.

Maybe the developer need to mention your procedure in his manual.

I departed from another airport (KDET) near the problem airport KDTW ... no problems.

I sent the developer the problem log a couple days ago (at his request).

Waiting now to see what he finds caused the Fatal Error.

I have previously installed other versions of the software without problem.

Edit:

"Internal workings is the last remenents of Vox after uninstall, it is in two or three locations.
Once deleted, you will need to re-register, and re configer Vox. This has fixed issues with Vox for me in the past."

What issues required you to do a reinstall ... that fixed them?

Best Regards,

What do you mean by that?

Do you mean that you never assign voxpop voices and never use them?

I have all the voxpop voices installed and two ivona voices. I install voxpop app, but i do not run it as it crashes every time. I have tried NOT installing voxpop app (as I do not run it), however, Vox crashes without it installed. I have all the voxpop voices assigned to pilot voices (including micro Anna) and the ivona voices assigned to ATC. I do not run voxpop app to load voices into memory, I just enable Vox ingame. It takes a little while longer to load the voices into memory (but not much). Keep in mind, you need plenty surplus memory to run so many voices, so just start with a couple.

"Internal workings"

Constant fatal errors.

"

Constant fatal errors.

The developer found out what caused my KDTW-KCLE Fatal Error on departure climb out.

It was the PALCE7 SID.

It is now being fixed.

Best Regards,

The developer found out what caused my KDTW-KCLE Fatal Error on departure climb out.

It was the PALCE7 SID.

It is now being fixed.

Great news

What do you mean by that?

Do you mean that you never assign voxpop voices and never use them?

In a nut shell, you install VOXPOP server and the " never" touch it again. It just need's to be there and that's it.

The only thing you need to do is set up your flight plan and FSX and start VoxAtc when you are ready. The only thing I do differently is before starting FSX and getting into a flight, I go into the the VOXATC voice configurator (I have a shortcut on my desktop) and run all my voices ( especially the Voxpop ones). This speeds up the initialization process when starting Voxatc at the start of my flight. Note: you only have to do this once after booting up your rig.

Regards,

Rick Hobbs

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

I'm getting voxatc fatal errors with Active sky next with the service packs; I have no added traffics. I have noticed that when I look at the view/instrument panel VATC and recent coms options are listed twice, once above AND below ASN X Guage

I'm getting voxatc fatal errors with Active sky next with the service packs; I have no added traffics. I have noticed that when I look at the view/instrument panel VATC and recent coms options are listed twice, once above AND below ASN X Guage

What happens if you do not use the ASN XGauge?

What happens if you use the keyboard key "J" to get Recent Comms?

Do you only get the Fatal Error when asking fo recent comms?

Can it happen at any airport (location/situation)/

Did you tell the developer?

Best Regards,