Sign in to follow this  
Copper.

vCDU App not working with NGX.

I appreciate that this isn't a pmdg problem, however, I seek advice from NGX users.

I bought the Virtual CDU ipad app, and I can get the app and the computer to connect ok before I click "Fly Now". But as soon as the NGX loads, the "VAInterface Lite" program crashes/stops working and subsequently the connection is lost.

Does anyone use this app with the ngx? And have you experienced this? Do you have a solution?

Brian Nellis.

Brian Nellis

Have you got the latest version 2.6.22 of the client that runs on your FSX PC?

Richard

i7-12700K | Noctua NH-D15S Black Version | MSI Pro Z690 - A | 32 GB DDR4 3600 | Gigabyte Gaming OC 4090 | 1TB WD Blue NMVe (MSFS 2020) | 500 GB WD Black Gen 4 NVMe | 4TB WD Black Conventional | Fractal Design Torrent Case | Seasonic 1000W Gold Plus PSU | Thrustmaster Boeing Yoke | Honeycomb Throttle | Airbus Side Stick | Virpil Rudder Pedals | Sony X90K 55 Inch TV |

mmBbmS1.png

Yes. I do. I bought the app today.

Further troubleshooting - the VA Interface program crashes only when loading the NGX. Other aircraft are ok. I have made sure that the SDK line is in the ngx's .ini options file.

Thanks.

Brian.

Brian Nellis

I just noticed this topic and thought thats a nice app. However does it work without having to have the FMC in your screen?

Cheers

Rob

This apps works fine with the PMDG 737NGX. But you have to start the VA interface after your flight is loaded (not before). So when you're sitting at the gate in a dark & cold cockpit and everything is initialised, then you start VA interface (minimise FSX window) and then connect the app on your iPad.

Ok. I'll give it a try. I also raised a support ticket with the authors of the app. Will report back when a solution is found.

Brian.

Brian Nellis

Mine keeps disappearing as if it is being zapped by Windows Security Essentials. Even though I have added it to the exceptions list.  So frustrating as it is without doubt about the best add on other than the aircraft itself.  Any tips appreciated.

Brian Crawley

Type ipconfig in your command promp, make sure the ip there and in the settings for the app coincide

Sorry Kyle.

Problem has been solved by the friendly authors. My FSX was using an old version of the simconnect.dll. A. Fix should be along shortly. Excellent app now that it works!

Bcrawley57 - perhaps you should raise a ticket for your problem. The guys are very helpful; you will also help fellow users.

Brian Nellis.

Brian Nellis

Sorry Kyle.

Problem has been solved by the friendly authors. My FSX was using an old version of the simconnect.dll. A. Fix should be along shortly. Excellent app now that it works!

No worries. I just want to make sure people are warned before posts start disappearing.

Glad they could help you out.

Kyle Rodgers

I have raised a ticket, not heard back.  However further research, I understand that occasionally there can be port conflicts, a fellow VA pilot changed his port settings from 9000 to 8800 on both the programme and the app on the iPad.  This worked for him.nnThe port setting can be changed in the VA Interface ini file within the installation folder.  Personally I have since totally uninstalled any reference to VA interface and completed a fresh re-install.  It is working now on the default port 9000.

I hope your problems are resolved too, I know how much it hurts when this app stops working.

(Apologies for omitting the full name)

Merry Christmas to all too :)

Brian Crawley

Merry late Christmas to you. Thanks for providing a solution to your fault, here.

Brian Nellis

Brian Nellis

I had an issue too that did not want to connect the iPad with my PC. After tweaking de firewall and all other things I figured the wrong IP adress in the iPad was set up. Therefore it wanted to connect to my router io pc. Maybe this helps for other people too if they have issues.

Regards

Rob