Sign in to follow this  
Spensa

NGX wont let me install to steam version

Hello,

As the title says, I can't install to the steam version of FSX.

I try to set the directory for FSX to the Steam version. and it decides to install to the default directory.

Any way to fix this? and the same thing happens with the MD-11. And i am relatively new to the forum.

Spencer Hobbs

Hello,

As the title says, I can't install to the steam version of FSX.

I try to set the directory for FSX to the Steam version. and it decides to install to the default directory.

Any way to fix this? and the same thing happens with the MD-11. And i am relatively new to the forum.

Spencer Hobbs

Our products do not support the Steam version (nor do they claim to) - it is unclear whether we'll be able to or not right now. It is not 100% the same thing as retail FSX is and there are differences that would need to be accounted for in our code as well as business/legal related issues that would need to be resolved.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

I was trying to test. but it wouldn't install to the directory.

Thank you for responding.

Well i got mine to install correctly to the area that FSX Steam version is. ie: it picked up the proper installation path But alas gauges are black. 

So far i have installed REX/Aerosoft Airbus and OpusFSX without issues.

Mike

Intel 12700k No over clocking 32GB G-Skill 3600 Ram MSI RTX3080

Our products do not support the Steam version (nor do they claim to) - it is unclear whether we'll be able to or not right now. It is not 100% the same thing as retail FSX is and there are differences that would need to be accounted for in our code as well as business/legal related issues that would need to be resolved.

I guess this dashes my hopes of a release of SP2 this year ;-)

Guess you havn't  got long to wait till next year

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

I was trying to test. but it wouldn't install to the directory.

Thank you for responding.

Well i got mine to install correctly to the area that FSX Steam version is. ie: it picked up the proper installation path But alas gauges are black. 

So far i have installed REX/Aerosoft Airbus and OpusFSX without issues.

Not sure if, before I truly had to pay attention to it, someone else took care of addressing unsigned posts, but it seems to be particularly bad lately.

Please sign your posts, guys. I think all of your accounts are of the age to set up an automatic sign in your user settings.

http://forum.avsim.net/topic/245586-you-must-sign-your-full-real-name-to-posts-to-use-this-forum-posts-without-names-will-be-deleted/

Kyle Rodgers

I knew there would be something different with the steam version...Thats why i just go buy it on Amazon for <$15>

And that just helped me decided whether to spend the $5 bucks on a Steam version of FSX.  The answer is now no.  What a shame.

I believe we should pledge our support initially, $5 is no brainer really. If the dev's support wanes, so does mine. On that note, it would be nice to get an update regarding the progress of NGX SP2 :-)

Merry Xmas All

Hmm was any thought about all the payware that was not going to work with this $4.99 version of fsx - not to mention the burden it has placed on developers unfairly 

Rich Sennett

Hmm was any thought about all the payware that was not going to work with this $4.99 version of fsx - not to mention the burden it has placed on developers unfairly 

Really an unfair burden......

More people coming to FSX through Steam means more customers for add on developers which equals more revenue for developers.  That is a hell of burden lol

Sorry Rich I just keep seeing these posts all over the place, it does not make business sense to turn down extra cash.

Doogie

And that just helped me decided whether to spend the $5 bucks on a Steam version of FSX

I set aside $5 dollars just for this purchase Cap'n K...I'm spending it at McDonalds on 2 McRibs for $5 bucks instead.

Mmmmmmmmmmmmm :lol:

Chris Sunseri

Really an unfair burden......

No need to be sorry Doogie - your just stating you opinion buddy

Rich Sennett

Well, considering the insane complexity of an application like FSX, it's pretty hard to magically predict how ALL addons work and make sure not to break them. And an unfair burden? As an addon developer myself, If any developer finds it unfair that they now have more opportunities to sell products and expand their business, they need a reality check. There's literally nothing bad coming from FSX being put on Steam. I would imagine that it'll be pretty simple for most developers to fix their products if they don't already work. Practically the only major breaking changes that I've found yet are the directories/paths and the SimConnect version (the reason why FSUIPC probably doesn't work - yet).

Brandon Filer